D.C. Fiscal Chief Urges Revamp of Replenishment Bill
- D.C.'s Fenty, City Council Support CFO Gandhi Amid $31M Tax Scam. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32755, p37
The article reports that Mayor Adrian Fenty and City Council member Jack Evans are supporting the appointments and policies of chief financial officer Natwar Gandhi to address the increase of the $31 million tax scam in Washington D.C. It was stated that fraud involved a group of employees in...
- District of Columbia: Gandhi: Tapping Reserves, Cutting Spending May Be Necessary. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p5
Discusses concerns of the chief financial officer of Washington D.C. Natwar M. Gandhi regarding the districts multi-million dollar budgetary gap for fiscal year starting October 1, 2001. Costs that has wiped off the district's financial reserves; Expectations of Gandhi regarding revenue growth;...
- District's CFO: One Of a Kind. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/22/2012, p1
The article features Washington (D.C.) poetry-writing chief financial officer (CFO) Natwar Gandhi and his role as CFO. It says that Gandhi, who enjoys a level of certainty and independence, manages the debt and certification of balanced budget of the district. It adds that he took the position...
- CFO Gandhi Says D.C. Is Facing 'Economic Tsunami' in Fiscal '09. FUNK, LYNN // Bond Buyer;2/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33070, p5
The article reports that Washington D.C. is being hit by economic distress, according to chief financial officer Natwar Gandhi. The district is facing another $136 million revenue gap for the fiscal 2009 budget, bringing to nearly $400 million the total drop in revenues since June 2008. The...
- D.C. Finance Chief Tells House Panel He's Optimistic About GO Rating Hike. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p6
The District of Columbia's chief financial officer, Natwar M. Gandhi, told a congressional panel on June 4, 2003 that he remains hopeful that the city's general obligation bond rating will be raised soon. The district government is currently dealing with a potential fiscal 2003 deficit of 50...
- New D.C. CFO Hopes to Run A Smooth, Efficient Operation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p1
Profiles Washington D.C. chief financial officer Natwar M. Gandhi. Career history; Educational attainment; Plans during his incumbency; Factors credited for the improvement of the district's finances; Relations with credit rating agencies.
- Washington, D.C. CFO Natwar Gandhi to Step Down. DEBONIS, MIKE; STEWART, NIKITA // News India Times;2/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p13
The article offers information regarding resignation of Natwar M. Gandhi from the post of the District's chief financial officer of Washington D.C.
- Gandhi Talks About Challenges Facing D.C. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article announces the retirement of Natwar Gandhi, chief financial officer (CFO) of Washington D.C., as of November 2013.
- Natwar Gandhi Leaves Post as D.C.'s Chief Financial Officer. SPRINGER, RICHAR // India -- West;2/8/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 12, pA2
The article announces that Natwar M. Gandhi has resigned from the post of chief financial officer of District of Columbia.