Puerto Rico Continues Borrowing Wave With $103 Million Housing Deal
- Gary, Ind., Makes Rare Market Foray for Housing Project. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p3
Reports on Gary, Indiana's $20.2 million mortgage revenue bond refunding deal on behalf of a housing project. Conversion of the variable-rate bonds issued for the project to fixed rate; Benefits from the opening of casino boats.
- Editor's Introduction. Lea, Michael J. // Housing Finance International;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Introduces several articles on mortgage lending in housing.
- Housing finance. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep95, p15
Discusses trends in housing finance in the United States. Mortgage rates between 1990 and 1995; Adjustable mortgage rate share between 1990 and 1995; Mortgage origination by lender between March 1994 and May 1995; Mortgage application volume 1990 and 1995.
- Housing finance. // Economic Trends (07482922);May98, p17
Presents statistical information on housing finance in the United States. Decline in the long-term mortgage rates in the last three quarters of 1997; Factors which influenced the decrease; Identification of the mortgage market factors; Increase in housing prices in 1997.
- Statements to the Congress. Lindsey, Lawrence B. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jan1994, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p10
Presents speech by a Federal Reserve System Board of Governors member, before the Committee on Banking, Finance and Urban Affairs, US Senate, dealing with results of the 1992 Home Mortgage Disclosure Act. Credit granting processes in federal reserve banks; Federal Reserve System responsibility...
- Residential lending to low-income and minority families: Evidence from the 1992 HMDA data. Canner, Glenn B.; Passmore, Wayne // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Feb1994, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p79
Analyzes housing loan applications by income, race, ethnicity of applicant and location of the property. Lending in different types of neighborhoods; Role of mortgage originators; Employment of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data in monitoring compliance. INSETS: Public access to HMDA...
- The many faces of affordable lending. Sichelman, Lew // Mortgage Banking;Dec94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p56
Presents an overview of the Banc Lincs, the affordable housing program in Providence, Rhode Island. Features; Approval of loans; Offer to multi-family purchasers. INSET: Free postpurchase counseling..
- Speaking out. // Mortgage Banking;May95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p105
Presents the insights of the Underwriting Barriers Outreach Groups (UnBOG) members on unintended barriers to home ownerships in the United States. Focus of lenders on affordable housing programs; Identification of discriminatory processes in mortgage lending; Differences in the interpretation...
- Making Our Voices Heard in the 'Predatory Lending' Debate. Mozilo, Angelo R. // Mortgage Banking;Apr2000, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p13
Offers a look at problems concerning the housing finance industry in the United States in 2000. Stories of injustice with mortgage loans; Laws to fight mortgage abuses; Changes in the mortgage market; Actions taken by the government in response to the problems.