Zoning Change Won't Hinder $200 Million Tampa, Fla., Hospital Sale
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...
- Tennessee Hospital Issuing $80 Million, But No Refunding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p7
Reports on the plans of the federal government of Jackson, Tennessee to sell its revenue bond for the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital. Counsel of the auction-rate deal; Value of the revenue bond issued; Impact of selling the refunding bonds on the debts of the hospital.
- Miami Hospital Continues Comeback With Refunding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p1
Reports the return of Miami Children's Hospital in the bond market to refund outstanding debt in Bradenton, Florida. Violation of investor covenant; Release of the hospital from a forbearance agreement; Estimation of hospital debt.
- A Billion Here, a Billion There, Adds Up to a Busy Year So Far. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p1
Focuses on the trading activity of the bond market in the U.S. Refunding negotiation between Lehman Brothers and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Investor interest on the municipal bond market; Consideration of credit value, structure and pricing in transactions.
- synthetic refunding: a financial tool for low interest-rate environment. Jordahl, Eric; Ponton, Kevin T. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p102
Offers tips for U.S.-based hospitals on how to use synthetic refunding as a financial instrument for bond refinancing. Features of synthetic refunding; Reduction of high interest-rate debt by using an interest rate swap; Risks associated with synthetic refunding.
- Taxable ARS Set to Retire. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/3/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33360, p9
The article reports on the plan of Harris County Hospital District to issue 104 million dollar senior-lien refunding bonds in Texas.
- California One of Many Deals for Reinvesting Dec. 1 Payments. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p7
The article reports on a $1.03 billion general obligation offering in California. This should provide ample supply for investors looking to reinvest proceeds from December 1, 2005 redemption payments before volume dries up. Investors are expected to receive an estimated $29.3 billion in payments...
- Suburban Detroit Hospital Prepares Its Largest Issue Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p32
Focuses on preparations of William Beaumont Hospital for the sale of single issue refunding bonds and new-money in Chicago, Illinois. Negotiation between hospital officials and triple-A rated insurers; Affirmation of the Fitch AA-minus rating of the hospital debt system; Need of capital project...
- Billion-Dollar Issues From California, Alabama County Lead Slate. // Bond Buyer;8/04/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31691, p6
Reports that two billion-dollar deals, one a refunding and the other new money will be finalised while a separate and significant utility issue from Puerto Rico will offer investors a chance to buy a triple-exempt credit with universal appeal. Brief information about deals; Deal to be priced by...