Senate, House Bills Target $300M For Brownfields Redevelopment
- BRIEFLY. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;1/26/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the move of U.S. Senator Carl Levin, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, to hold the hearing on the ban of the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.
- Should the Senate Pass S. 139, the Climate Stewardship Act? // Congressional Digest;Jan2004, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p29
No abstract available.
- Levin pulls measure striking F-22 funds. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;7/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 84, p16
The article reports on Senator Carl Levin who withdrew the amendment which focused on the funds for Lockheed Martin's FA-22 fighter jets in the U.S.
- Levin Tries to Kill Missile Defense. Freddoso, David // Human Events;7/1/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 25, p7
Focuses on the action taken by Senate Armed Services Chairman Carl Levin on the national missile defense system program in the U.S. Information on the 2003 defense authorization bill; Amount requested for the missile defense program.
- Congressman calls for tougher load security for flatbeds. // Overdrive;Aug93, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Cites the call of Congressman Jack Quinn's for a tougher load security regulations for flatbed trucks to the Federal Highway Administration. Accident on the New York State Thruway that spurred the move; Defense of load security by the carrier owner.
- Yo, networks! You blew it! // National Journal;1/4/97, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
Reports on assertion of Representative Jack Quinn of New York that he is not the same Jack Quinn who resigned as White House Counsel. Use of Representative Quinn's picture in news stories about White House Counsel's resignation.
- With Time Running Out, Defense Authorization Bill Vote Likely Delayed To September. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;7/29/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the move by the U.S. Senate to vote on the defense authorization bill in September 2008 before the start of the fiscal year in October. Senate Armed Service Committee Chairman Carl Levin said that the Senate will not pursue the fiscal year 2009 Pentagon policy legislation....
- Conversations. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 23 Issue 136, p32
Interviews Senator Carl Levin on corporate accounting issues in the U.S. View of Levin on corporate reform package; Risks in overregulating corporate governance; Legal responses to governance failures.
- The Senate liberal who's struggling to shield industry. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;6/18/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6260, p3
The article reports on a bill that is being developed by Senator Carl Levin as an alternative to a Senate fuel economy measure that the U.S. automobile industry opposed. He is sponsoring an alternative bill that automobile makers and their allies say is extreme and potentially devastating. The...