Rhode Island Cities Fiscally Sound; Cranston Makes Progress
- Bloomfield Twp-gets high ratings. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;11/8/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p34
This article reports that Bloomfield Township has earned the highest possible rating from Moody's Investors Service Inc., and Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. Moody's rated the township Aal and Standard& Poor's rated it AA+. Both are the highest possible ratings for municipal bonds for each...
- Dallas Downgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;10/29/2015, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has downgraded the city of Dallas, Texas's rating to Aa2 rating affecting $1.7 billion of outstanding general obligation limited tax debt.
- Moody's Drops 15 Major New Jersey Municipalities. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34111, p1
The article offers information on the downgradation of the enhanced ratings of 15 municipalities of New Jersey by the Moody's Investors Service. It mentions that this will affect the cities and towns that participate in the New Jersey Municipal and School Qualified Bond Act. It further mentions...
- Clover, S.C., Raised To Baa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/26/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33120, p2
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded the $430 general obligation bonds of the city of Clover in South Carolina. The company has raised the bonds' rating from Baa2 to Baa1 brought by the town's strong financial performance. In addition, the city experiences a decline in...
- Sauk Rapids Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p39
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded to A2 its rating for Sauk Rapids, Minnesota's general obligation credit in conjunction with the city's sale of almost $1 million in general obligation improvement bonds. The current issue will provide the city with $23.6 million...
- The Fall of Antioch's GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/5/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33161, p8
The article reports on the move of credit rating and finance company Moody's Investors Service Inc. to downgrade 1.5 million dollars of general obligation (GO) debt of Antioch, Illinois from A3 to Baa1. It says that Moody's downgrade was because of Antioch's decreased general fund balance in...
- Columbus, Ga., Downgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;9/24/2015, p13
The article reports that bond rating agency Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the general obligation limited tax rating of Columbus, Georgia to Aa2 from Aa1 due to several reasons including the city's narrowed reserve position and its below average wealth levels.
- Moody's Drops Detroit-Area City Two Notches. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34150, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the rating offered to the metro Detroit suburb of Mount Clemens in Michigan by two notches to A2 from Aa3 as of July 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of an increment in property taxes, the impact of the city's...
- Moody's: Recovering Fresno Could See Ratings Upgrade. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;10/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F338, p1
Moody's Investors Service revised the outlook on all of Fresno's ratings Tuesday signaling that the city's ratings could be upgraded in the next 12-14 months.