Bush Signs $79 Billion War Package
- Bush to Sign Continuing Measure for Funding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p33
No abstract available.
- Bill Regarding Contractor Integrity Introduced in House. // Contract Management;May2002, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p54
Introduces the legislative bill requiring contractors with the federal government to possess a satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics in the U.S. Determination of prospective contractor with satisfactory record of business ethics; Focus on the administrative agreement; Inclusion...
- Nobody wanted Prop. 200 except the people. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;11/8/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p5
Talks about the controversy regarding the issue on Proposition 200 in the U.S. Reactions expressed by the opponents; Benefit offered by the proposition on people who are permitted by law to get them; Effect of allowing non-citizens to vote on what benefits they get; Solution to all problems for...
- DETAIL UNANSWERED IN FOFA DRAFT LEGISLATION. // Charter;Oct2011, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the Future of Financial Advice (FoFA) draft legislation which was released by the federal government in September 2011, following the 18 months of consultation among the government, industry stakeholders, and regulators, which provide legislative details on FoFA measures.
- Is RTI being surreptitiously diluted? Sinha, Soni // Sahara Time;8/10/2013, Vol. 11 Issue 532, p12
The article informs that the Indian government is planning to pass a bill regarding the Right to Information (RTI) law.
- PROGRAM FOR HOUSING. // America;7/6/1946, Vol. 75 Issue 14, p302
The author talks about the problem of inadequate housing in the U.S. He says that millions of U.S. citizens living in crowded, substandard and indecent quarters need to be provided with decent shelter, otherwise, the situation will pose a serious threat to the physical, intellectual and moral...
- 'Order-order' hurdle. RAMASESHAN, RADHIKA // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/16/2015, p6
The article reports about the Rajya Sabha chairperson, Hamid Ansari, request for the perfect order in the house during the passing of goods and services tax bill and adds how he had dimissed of Indian Parliamentarians who had broken rules earlier during the passing of the women's reservation bill.
- Government Amends Controversial Lokpal Bill. // India -- West;2/8/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 12, pA38
The article presents information on the Government of India that has amended the controversial Lokpal bill.
- Australian government kills capitals civil unions. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/22/2006, Issue 965, p41
The article reports that the federal government has turndown a civil-union bill passed by the Legislative Assembly of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). According to the officials, the ACT civil unions were too much like marriage, which the federal law specifically restricts to opposite-sex...