Munis Gain; Underwriters Price $372 Million of Connecticut Debt
- Salomon, J.P. Morgan cut some Chicago Staff. Shields, Yvette; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30511, p5
Reports on broker-dealer firms that have laid off several municipal bond professionals in their offices in Chicago, Illinois due to poor earning performances in the third quarter of 1998. Termination of two municipal bond employees at Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Layoff of two municipal...
- Salomon Quits Miami Underwriting Pool. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has resigned from the six-member bond underwriting pool for Miami on November 5, 2002. Reason for the resignation; Possible blocking of the firm from serving as underwriter on other deals involving the city.
- Smith Barney fund wins $14.7 million. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p1
Reports that a jury has awarded $14.7 million to Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s Smith Barney Managed Municipals Fund in a lawsuit filed over an issuer's substitution of escrow securities that were backing zero-coupon bonds. Importance of the case to the move toward full disclosure in municipal...
- New York City's tobacco debt ready to price. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p1
Reports on New York City's plan to issue a municipal bond backed by the city's share of the tobacco settlement fund as of November 4, 1999. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s plan to price the proposed bond; Investors' concerns regarding the proposed bond.
- Leveraged products inflate bond demand. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p35
Cites an increase in demand for municipal bonds in the United States due to leveraged product structures such as tender-option bond programs, based on a report by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Impact of these programs to the supply-demand differentials; Effects of the exacerbation of the use of...
- Salomon keeps unit for muni arbitrage. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p35
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s decision to continue with its four-person municipal group's true arbitrage effort. Municipal desk's primary cash and carry trade; Smith Barney's plan to dissolve its bond arbitrage department.
- Musical chairs in the ABS underwriter leagues. Gregory, Michael; Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p12
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney is leading over J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. in the asset-backed securities (ABS) underwriting market in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2003. Performance of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.; Retail and automobile ABS.
- CDO Week: First CDO of hedge funds deal nearing. // Asset Securitization Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 24, p7
Focuses on collateralized debt obligation (CDO) deals in the United States. Ivy Asset Management Corp.'s mandate for JPMorgan Securities to structure an area fund of funds market value CDO; Salomon Smith Barney's placement of all of the equity for Highland V CDO.
- Detroit ULTGO Settlement Positive for Bondholders: Moody's. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/15/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34092, p1
The article focuses on the statement of Moody's Investors Service, which highlights that Detroit, Michigan's proposed settlement with its unlimited-tax general obligation (ULTGO) bondholders is a boost for the bondholders and insurers that wrap the debt. It further states that city also...