NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Bloomberg Consumer. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/5/2014, pA02
The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index fell to 39.8 in the week ended Nov. 30 from the prior week's 40.7, which was the best since Dec. '07. A subindex gauging consumers' views on whether it's a good time to make buys held at a 7-year best. Americans ages 18-34 were the most upbeat since '08.
- Domestic Perspectives. // Survey of Current Business;Mar2004, Vol. 84 Issue 3, pD-52
Presents a tabular representation of finance-related data collected from U.S. government agencies and private organizations, as of March 2004. Consumer price index for all urban consumers; Index of stock prices; Inventories.
- 'Real' Muni Yield Back to Normal. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/10/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p11
The article reports on the vulnerability of municipal bonds to the inflation of investments in the U.S. It says that the 10-year triple-A's 3.09% nominal yield indicated by the Municipal Market Data yield curve scale describes how much money the bondholder has gathered. It mentions that...
- Defensive positions. Freeman, Peter // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2013, Issue 155, p85
The article offers information on the financial management by the investors in Australia. It states that investors must avoid the trap of focusing only on shares but instead put the emphasis on building a well-diversified portfolio that includes a range of income-generating assets. It mentions...
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1994, p6
Focuses on the consumer price index (CPI) and inflation in the United States in 1993. January 1994 price statistics; CPI revisions; Seasonal variation in the CPI from 1989 to 1993; Median CPI revisions; Commodity prices; Household inflation expectations; CPI projections in 1994; Distribution of...
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p6
Presents inflation indicators in the United States as of August 1995. Price statistics; Trends in the consumer price index (CPI); Distribution of economists' 1996 CPI forecasts; Household inflation expectations.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb96, p6
Discusses inflation and price trends in the United States. December 1995 price statistics; Growth in retail prices and consumer price index in 1995; Implications of the proposal to legislate price stability as the primary long-term goal of the Federal Reserve Board.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p6
Presents trends in inflation and prices in the United States as of May 1996. Increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) during the first quarter of 1996; 12-month CPI trend; Behavior of wage growth; Rise in hourly compensation; Indications of higher near-term inflations.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1997, p7
Focuses on inflation and consumer prices in the United States as of January 1997. Prediction of an absence of a notable change in the consumer price index; Possible overstatement in price index by the Senate Finance Committee.