Ariz. Seeks Biotech Buildup
- Report referred to committees: Carolina ag research battle heats up. Roberson, Roy // Southeast Farm Press;6/4/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p15
The article focuses on the controversy regarding the management of the 18 state-owned agricultural research facilities in North Carolina. It was stated that the state government, the North Carolina A&T universities and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Human Services (NCDAHS) are...
- Turning up the Heat. Weaver, Bill // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
Features the Holyrod Science Center at La Salle University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Influence of the prevailing analytical system during the time of the construction on the architectural form of the building; Symbiosis of various disciplines and its impact on computer science studies;...
- Expansion takes its course at area schools. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/23/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 53, p23A
The article reports on the expansion plans of the colleges and universities in New York. Stony Brook University will create a research center for wireless technology and establish a campus concentrating on the environment at the field of Southampton University. Farmingdale State University is...
- Teamwork in Michigan. R. H. E. // Journal of Higher Education;Apr1947, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p219
The article reports on the educational statesmanship shown by the presidents of the seven state-supported higher institutions as they presented their statement before the Michigan Legislature. The statement addresses the demands for higher education emphasizing the recent unprecedented increase...
- Rethink after student village fails design test. Hurst, Will // Building Design;2/18/2005, Issue 1661, p4
The article reports that the Newcastle-based practice is masterplanning the student accommodation for the University of Sheffield at three Iinked sites in the city's Broomhill conservation area. A report on the plans by Cabe's design review panel released this week, called its architecture...
- CASEBOOK. // Planning (14672073);7/15/2011, Issue 1913, p26
The article offers information about several court cases in Great Britain. A support was gained by Coventry City Council for discontinuance action against a poster panel, due to its adverse effect on the context of a university. A permission was received by a bar and restaurant in London,...
- New Center Explores Improvements in Education. // District Administration;Nov2002, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the opening of the Data Research and Development Center at the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center. Projects of the center.
- With education, the buck starts here. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/27/2000, Issue 322700, p1
Focuses on University of California's plan to build a campus in Merced, California. Nation's first research university of the 21st century; Benefits of a research university to area businesses; Variety of area-wide outreach programs and distance learning centers.
- Small particles. // Finance Week;7/26/2002, p47
Features the Nanomaterials Technology Centre at Technikon Witwaterstrand University of South Africa. Aim of the research center; Motivation behind its establishment; Sponsors of the center.