Armbrister Leaves PaineWebber for Temple University
- GOLDEN START TO GOLDEN YEARS: THANK YOU UBS. Keeler, Dan // Global Finance;Sep2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the resignation of Donald Marron as chairman of UBS PaineWebber. Overview of his political plans; Value of his stake in PaineWebber at the time of its merger with UBS.
- Ex-Merrill Bankers Find Home at UBS. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p37
Presents information regarding recruitment of three ex-infrastructure specialists from Merrill Lynch & Co. at UBS PaineWebber Inc. Appointment of Christopher Melvin to the post of managing director at the New York office of UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Recruitment of Tim Williams to take charge as...
- UBS PaineWebber agrees to settlement with fund. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the settlement on the alleged brokerage payments by UBS PaineWebber in Nashville, Tennessee. Amount involved in the agreement; Evidence of conflicts of interests in soft dollars; Impact of the case on pension fund dealings.
- Thank You, USB PaineWebber. // On Wall Street;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the decision of UBS PaineWebber to provide free meals to clients of its top brokers. Reason behind the free lunch offering; Maximum spending per client.
- Error by UBS Delays Completion of $800M N.Y.C. GO Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p36
Reports that the completion of a purchase agreement on 800 million dollars in New York City tax-exempt general obligation bonds was delayed as of January 2003 because of problems with the work done by lead manager of the deal, UBS Paine Webber Inc. Details of the error committed by UBS in the...
- UBS Paine Expanding Retail Presence. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the implications of the residential mortgages offered by UBS PaineWebber Inc. for the mortgage company's presence in the retail lending sector.
- UBS PaineWebber catering to clients' risk-averse inclinations. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;2/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the local fixed-income investment instruments offered by UBS PaineWebber Inc. in Puerto Rico. Growth in the local mutual fund market; Importance of the applicability of inheritance-tax exemption on the funds; Percentage of average dividends.
- UBS PaineWebber on Ill. Book-Runner Squad, Chapman to Be Chief Counsel. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p3
Reports the addition of UBS Paine Webber Inc. as one of the underwriting firms for the state bonds of Illinois. Names of other firms hired by the state; Reappointment of Chapman and Cutler as the bond counsel for the state; Retention of Burke Burns and Pinelli as co-bond counsel.
- Firms to Pay $30M Over Zero-Coupons. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p1
Reports the settlement of zero-coupon municipal bond deals by UBS Paine Webber Inc. in Washington. Reaction of the Internal Revenue Service on the municipal bond deals; Issues concerning on the existence of malpractice in insurance firms; Terms and value of the deals.