DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- Panel: Swaps Management Policies Should Be Focus for Governments. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32412, p6
The article focuses on the topics discussed during the sixth annual Derivatives Institute sponsored by the newspaper in Boston, Massachusetts. Director Garey Fuqua of Fitch Ratings Inc. points out the significance of the effective management policies for swaps. According to Pat McCoy of the...
- International Financial Instability and the Financial Derivatives Market. McClintock, Brent // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Mar96, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
This article focuses on the financial instability caused by the growth in the international financial derivatives market. The financial derivatives market evolved rapidly in the 1980's as a result of the deregulation of financial markets and financial innovation. Increasing concentration in...
- International CDS Week. // Securities Industry News;3/20/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
Presents news briefs related to credit default swaps trading as of March 20, 2006. Response of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to the back-office crisis experienced by the credit derivatives industry; Deadline set by securities dealers for trade standard proposed through the Depository...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p27
Presents a chart and graphs depicting the market performance of derivatives and structured products in the U.S. Decrease of the Municipal Swap Index; Rates of index-linked muni swaps; Comparison of swap rates and bond yields.
- Hot ticket: Emerging markets derivatives. Hamburg, Jill; Smith, Michael // American Banker;8/22/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 161, p18
Reports on the growing preference of derivatives traders for emerging markets transactions as a profitable alternative to common swaps. Bank charges for common swaps and derivatives instruments; Basic types of emerging-markets derivatives; Emerging-markets derivatives businesses of major United...
- Derivatives & structured products. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p32
Presents a chart and graphs on swaps and derivative securities in the United States. Municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates and bond yields.
- Connecticut agency's single-family swap is `capstone' to mortgage effort. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p35
Reports on developments concerning derivative securities and structured products in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's entry into a tax-exempt swap associated with single-family mortgages; Broward County, Florida's entry into the swap markets...
- Law panel recommends caution when entering into contracts with municipalities. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;11/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30526, p32
Focuses on derivatives attorneys at a Practising Law Institute's `Swaps and Other Derivatives in 1998' conference in New York's call for their fellow counsel to be cautious in their dealings with municipalities. Failure of bankruptcy legislation that would have clarified default responsibility...
- Swaps -- a new instrument for treasurers. Freyne, Aidan // Accountancy;Oct85, Vol. 96 Issue 1106, p162
Discusses swap financing which was developed in response to the need for managing the unacceptable contingent risk caused by volatile interest and exchange rates. Principal uses of swaps; Hedging against currency exposure; Mechanics of a swap.