Backstage Maneuvering Casts Doubt on Bush Plan's Success
- DOES ISSUING DIVIDENDS PAY? Millman, Gregory J. // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p22
The article discusses a proposal by U.S. president George W. Bush to reduce taxes investors pay on dividends. Despite the assertions of some, the measure would have little or no impact on corporate capital structures. Reduced taxation would, however, put more pressure on firms to dividend out...
- Dividend tax cut no panacea. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/16/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 50, p3
Comments on U.S. President George W. Bush's plan to reduce dividend taxes as part of a broader fiscal stimulus program. Implications for the stock market; Advise for stock investors.
- Tax fraud. // Commonweal;4/11/2003, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush for fiscal year 2004. Overview of the tax plans of the president; Reason behind the effort of Bush to led the nation into war with Iraq; Belief of Bush on the solution to the economic malaise in the country.
- Bush's Budget Lunacy. Levinson, Mark // Dissent (00123846);Spring2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p5
Discusses effects of U.S. president George W. Bush's administrative tax and budget policy. Provisions of elimination of individual taxes on corporate dividends and acceleration of certain pieces of 2001 tax cut in the budget package; Fiscal crisis faced by the states due to cut in aid provided...
- Tax-Cut Kings. Victor, Kirk; Cohen, Richard E.; Baumann, David; Maggs, John; Norton, Stephen J.; Ghent, Bill // National Journal;4/21/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p1154
Focuses on the dispute among lawmakers over the proposed tax cut by United States President George W. Bush. Value of the tax cut proposal; Views of legislators on the budget resolution; Speculations on the response of Senator John McCain to the proposal.
- Remarks Following a Meeting With the House Republican Conference and an Exchange With Reporters. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/25/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p835
The article focuses on the remarks delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush following a meeting with the House Republican conference and an exchange with reporters on June 20, 2007. Bush has noted that there has been an alternative budget presented in the Congress by the Democrats which will...
- Only Vetoes Will Save Bush Budget. Norquist, Grover G. // Human Events;2/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p1
The article analyzes a variety of issues concerning the budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. It mentions that the proposed budget presents a future in which tax cuts are made permanent. It speculates on the goal of Bush to balance the budget by 2012 without raising taxes while...
- How Much Tax Cut? Huskonen, Wallace D. // Forging;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p5
Discusses issues surrounding the tax cut proposal and budget priorities of United States President George W. Bush. Criticisms against the proposed trillion dollar tax cut by Democrats; Bush's defense of his proposal.
- Digital divider. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the tax cut-centric budget plan of President George W. Bush.