Cheneys Report Fewer Tax-Exempt Holdings, Bushes None
- George W. Bush. // Complete History of Our Presidents Encyclopedia;2009, Vol. 13, p8
The article focuses on the life and political works of former U.S. President George W. Bush. Bush was born on July 6, 1946 in New Haven, Connecticut and became the country's 43rd president from January 20, 2001 to January 20, 2009 with Richard B. Cheney as vice-president. He was married to Laura...
- Cheneys' Tax-Exempt Security Holdings Put at $15 Million. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p3
Focuses on the tax-exempt securities of Vice President Richard Cheney and wife Lynne in the U.S. Taxable income of the couple including the cash bonus from the vice president's service at Halliburton Co.; Tax-exempt investments of President George W. Bush and wife Laura; Comparison on the...
- Oh, More Running Shoes. Great. Bailey, Holly // Newsweek;5/31/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 22, p8
Focuses on financial-disclosure forms that were filed by President George W. Bush and his family for 2003, as well as by Vice President Dick Cheney. Total value of the gifts that the Bush family accepted; The most generous gifts, including a boat dock; Gift that Bush and First Lady Laura Bush...
- Cheneys Held an Estimated $5.6M in Tax-Exempts; Bushes Again Held None. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Vice President Richard Cheney and his wife, Lynne Cheney have held an estimated 5.6 million dollars tax-exempt securities while U.S. President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura Bush, held no tax-exempt debt in 2005. For the sixth year running, the Bushes did...
- The National Religious Campaign Against Torture Speaks Out on Cheney's Memoir. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;8/25/2011, p16
A blog from journalist Dorian De Wind is presented on the exploitation of people during the administration of former president George W. Bush and former vice president Dick Cheney in U.S.
- NUMBERS. // Time;4/26/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 17, p20
Presents numbers relating to current events. Amount of income tax paid by U.S. President George W. Bush and his wife Laura in 2002 and 2003; Opening weekend earnings for Disney's "The Alamo"; Record for the most money raised in a single day of fund raising; Others.
- TAXING ISSUES. // Accounting Today;5/16/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Presents news briefs related to taxation in the U.S. as of May 16, 2005. Savings made by U.S. President George W. Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney from tax cuts in 2004; Recommendations of the Government Accountability Office for the Internal Revenue Service regarding its weaknesses over...
- Tax Missimplification: It's Not a Done Deal. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p17
Examines the possible responses to U.S. President George W. Bush's efforts to simplify the process of taxation in the country, as of December 2004. Description of a tax code proposed by the president; Right-wing proposals to replace the progressive income tax; Factors that pose complications...
- The Taxonomist. McIntyre, Robert S. // American Prospect;5/21/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p9
Presents updates on tax reforms in the U.S. as of May 21, 2001. Number of tax-cut provisions proposed by President George W. Bush; Taxes paid by median-income workers to support the government.