Muni Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; Retail Period Opened for Conn. GOs
- Firms to Pay $30M Over Zero-Coupons. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p1
Reports the settlement of zero-coupon municipal bond deals by UBS Paine Webber Inc. in Washington. Reaction of the Internal Revenue Service on the municipal bond deals; Issues concerning on the existence of malpractice in insurance firms; Terms and value of the deals.
- One Name Says It All: UBS Dropping PaineWebber, Warburg Labels. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p6
Reports that UBS group that provides financial services plans to eliminate the UBS Warburg LLC and UBS PaineWebber Inc. brands in the second half of the year 2003 as a part of the policy to adopt a single brand to raise its profile. Comments of the president of the UBS Group executive board on...
- UBS PaineWebber Says 'Help Wanted' Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the additional number of high-producing brokers that UBS PaineWebber intends to add in 2003. Compensation UBS planned for the incoming representatives.
- Zero-Coupon Cases Reach Penalty Time. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to start pursuing fraud penalties against various transaction participants involved in zero-coupon bond deals. UBS PaineWebber Inc.'s attempt to reach a 'global settlement' with the IRS; Plans of the agency to apply penalties...
- To Strengthen Brand, UBS Scraps 'PaineWebber,' 'Warburg'. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p4
Switzerland-based financial services company UBS AG has renamed its brands. UBS PaineWebber Inc. will henceforth be known as UBS Financial Services, and UBS Warburg LLC will be known as UBS Investment Bank. UBS Investment Bank will offer house sales, trading, research, and investment banking...
- AIM in UBS Managed Account Role . // American Banker;3/26/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 58, p8
Reports that the financial services company AIM Private Asset Management Inc. has announced that it will offer a third investment mandate through the banking company UBS PaineWebber Inc. managed account program. Investment mandates which AIM manages for UBS.
- Now a Global Firm, UBS PaineWebber Thinks Big Is Beautiful. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p34
Reports that United States financial services company PaineWebber Group Inc. has changed its name to UBS PaineWebber Inc., following its acquisition by UBS Asset Management Inc. Overview on UBS PaineWebber's philosophy for public finance survival; Nationwide manager rankings of UBS PaineWebber;...
- Sutton New PaineWebber Prez; Hart out at SunAmerica. // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p27
Deals with employee selection in the financial planning industry. Promotion of Mark B. Sutton to president and chief operating officer of UBS PaineWebber company; Reappointment of Kevin Hart as president and chief executive of SunAmerica Financial Network company; Reasons for the dismissal of...
- Financial Service Firms. // Las Vegas Business Press;2002 Book of Lists, p54
Lists several financial service firms in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked by number of investment advisory staff. Tri Star Management Inc.; Morgan Stanley; Fox & Co.; UBS PaineWebber.