NEWS IN BRIEF
- Kansas City Fed Manufacturing Survey: Growth Slips. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;12/23/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34032, p1
The article focuses on the result of the monthly manufacturing survey of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Missouri that found a fall in manufacturing activity of in the region while improving producers' expectations for future activity, as of December 2013.
- 'U.S. officials have choice: fast, short or slow, durable recovery.'. // Marketing News;2/27/1976, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the forecast of Sheldon Stahl, vice president and senior economist at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in Missouri, on the U.S. economy. Factors that contributed to the optimistic forecast; Impact of cars sold in 1976 on the gross national product; Problem to be faced by the...
- Kansas City Fed index slumps. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/23/2013, pA02
Manufacturing activity fell sharply in Dec. to a reading of -3 vs. 7 in Nov. Many subindexes also were negative, though expectations about future activity improved. The Kansas City Fed blamed poor weather and said the decline was likely temporary.
- Kansas City Fed: Mfg Rebounded in April. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p2
The article presents the April 2007 manufacturing survey conducted by the Federal Bank of Kansas City company in Kansas. The report revealed that production index increased to 26 in April from 8 in March while volume of shipments index surged to 25 from 0. In addition, the number of employees...
- Kansas City Fed Manufacturing Survey: Activity Hastens. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/24/2014, Vol. 386 Issue 34215, p1
Manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's region "expanded at a slightly faster pace in November, and producers' expectations for future activity increased further" in November, according to the bank's monthly manufacturing survey, released Thursday.
- Kansas City Fed Manufacturing Survey: Activity Flat. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34414, p13
The article discusses a report on the Kansas City Federal Manufacturing Survey on the manufacturing sector in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's region in November 2015. Topics include how manufacturing activity remained flat for the period, the slight upward movement in its composite...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31632, p2
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. economy as of May 2003. State of unemployment in the country; Details of treasury bills auctioned in the country.
- Bernanke sees growth prospects in near term as good. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;9/3/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p10
Information about several topics discussed at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's Annual Economic Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is presented. It highlights Federal Chairman Ben Bernanke's hopeful assessment of the U.S. economy's recovery citing the strong performance of corporate...
- Fed Beige Book: Loan Demand Steady, But Still Mixed. Borak, Donna // American Banker;1/17/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p16
The article offers information from the U.S. Federal Reserve's Beige Book which surveyed economic conditions in the central bank's 12 regional areas. The article notes districts where loan growth was reported by reserve banks including the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and Federal Reserve...