Puerto Rico To Refund $1 Billion
- Midwestern U. Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the improvement of rating for Midwestern University by Standard & Poor's Corp. into the single A category with the refunding of school in Arizona. Worth of the refunding program; Impact of the upgrade with debt of the school; Factors influencing the upgrade.
- Budget, Economy Woes Prompt S&P to Drop Kentucky Rating. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p1
Reports the downgrading of issuer credit rating of Kentucky by Standard and Poor's. Failure to adopt a budget into the fiscal year; Usage of one-time revenues and reserves to address shortfalls; Operation without adopted legislative budget.
- MICHIGAN: S&P Drops Bullock Creek. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32780, p9
The article reports that Bullock Creek School District has received a drop rating from A-minus to BBB-plus from Standard & Poor's Corp. regarding their outstanding general obligation refunding bonds. Accordingly, the downgrade reflects a structural budget imbalance and four consecutive years of...
- College's Better Outlook. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p31
Reports that Standard & Poor's revised the outlook for Illinois-based Columbia College Chicago's BBB credit rating to positive from stable in conjunction with the school's $5.7 million refunding issue. School has $63 million of insured and uninsured debt sold through the Illinois Education...
- Nevada Ready to Kick Off Its Biggest-Ever Refunding. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p1
Reports on the kick off a multimillion deal that will bring nine issues to market through the first week of April in the state of Nevada. Purpose of the massive issuance of general obligation bonds; Financial advisers working on the deals; Bond counsel for the deals; Affirmation of Standard &...
- Paramus Borough Board of Education, N.J., Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34318, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its rating on Paramus Borough Board of Education, N.J.'s series 2012 general obligation refunding bonds one notch to AA-plus from AA.
- West Lafayette Library 2012 Refs Cut to A-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34157, p1
The article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its rating on Indiana-based West Lafayette Public Library Leasing Corp's mortgage refunding bonds, that was issued for West Lafayette Public Library District, to A-minus from A.
- S&P Affirms New Jersey Rating in Spite of Budget Concerns. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p3
Reports on the credit rating assigned to the debts of New Jersey state by rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. Provisions of the budget announced by Governor James E. McGreevey; Plans of the state with regard to the use of its tobacco bonds; Factors that influenced the rating agency to...
- At least 1 in 3 chance of S&P downgrade of P.R. credit rating. MÁRQUEZ, CARLOS // Caribbean Business;11/15/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p11
The article discusses the statement by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services (S&P) on November 9, 2012 concerning the chance to lower the credit ratings of Puerto Rico in 2012 or early 2013.