N.Y.C. Mayor Bloomberg Readies 'Doomsday' Budget
- N.Y.C.'s Bloomberg Calls for Cuts, Rescinding Property Tax Breaks. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p36
The article reports that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said that the city needs to reduce its government workforce and operating expenses and rescind property tax breaks to deal with growing deficits caused by falling revenue. Bloomberg said that New York City faces a $4-billion budget...
- N.Y.C.'s Bloomberg Calls for Cuts In Bond Portion of Capital Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p3
The article reports on the proposal of New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to cut in bond portion of capital plan. The mayor proposed cutting back on the bond-funded portion of the city's 10-year capital commitment plan. The proposed cut would reduce total expenditures to $58.83 billion...
- This Deficit's Shrinking. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p35
Reports on statement of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg regarding the city's projected deficit for fiscal 2006. Expectation of a decrease in deficit as a result of revenue growth and efforts to cut costs; Estimation of the value of the tax revenue of the city; Need for the approval of the...
- Killing some cows in budget battle. // Crain's New York Business;4/22/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p8
Focuses on the plan of city mayor Michael Bloomberg to close the budget gap in New York City. Assessment of the tort system; Payment of liability claims; Cost of the recycling efforts.
- Bloomberg: N.Y.C.'s Budget Gap Put at $4.5 Billion for Fiscal '03. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p3
Reports on the announcement made by Michael Bloomberg, mayor of New York City on the budget shortfall projections for the fiscal 2003. Budget deficit faced by the city; Fiscal deficit as predicted by the former mayor; Steps to be taken by the mayor to overcome deficits.
- N.Y.C. Watchdog Sees Surplus, Warns of Budget Complacency. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;3/21/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33485, p3
The article reports on the information which notes on New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed budget for fiscal year 2012 which puts off key political issues that could boost cutbacks.
- Learning Curve. Smith, Chris // New York;4/21/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p20
Focuses on the problem faced by mayor Michael Bloomberg about the budget deficit in New York City. Obsession of the media and the public with the war in Iraq; Announcement of specific layoffs; Decision of the mayor to push through a property tax raise.
- New York City Budget Plan Has Less Debt, More Spending. McDonnald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p3
Reports on the budget unveiled by mayor Michael R. Bloomberg in New York City. Effect of growing expenses on budget deficits; Decision to trim new money bond sales planned for the coming fiscal years; Projection for increased expenses related to a labor agreement with the city's largest union...
- Deficit Discipline. Daigneau, Elizabeth // Governing;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p56
The article provides information on the topics about U.S. state and local government spending tackled at the "Managing Performance 2005" conference organized by "Governing" periodical and held in Brooklyn, New York. It discusses the initiatives undertaken by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to...