The Neverending Story
- Hungary April budget gap at 97% of 2014 target. // Regional Today;5/8/2014, p2
The article reports on a general government deficit posted by Hungary in April 2014 which further widened the cumulated gap to 951.1 billion Hungarian forint, as of May 2014.
- U.S. Ran $69.545B Deficit in October. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p2
Reports budget deficit in Washington.
- EDITOR'S NOTEBOOK. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;Mar2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the budget deficit and spendings in the United States. Outline of U.S. President George W. Bush and budget director Mitch Daniels on the spendings in the fiscal 2003; Use of Social Security surplus for financing deficit spendings; Complaints on the freeze of discretionary spendings...
- Board Approves Fiscal '15 Budget For Atlantic City. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;9/23/2015, p9
The article reports on statutory Local Finance Board, N.J. approving Atlantic City, N.J. budget to meet deficit and quotes city's Mayor Donald Guardian, Revenue Director Michael Stinson, and bond credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service analyst Josellyn Yousef about city finances and casinos.
- Federal gridlock fuels anger in private sector. Gallagher, Patrick // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/28/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 48, p3
The article announces on the failure of the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction to agree to a plan that would cut the U.S. deficit by the self-prescribed deadline.
- DEFICIT FINANCING GRILL: THEORETICS AND REFLECTIONS ON NIGERIA'S TRANSITIONAL MILITARY DISPENSATION: 1989-2000. Agundu, Prince Umor C.; Dagogo, Daibi W. // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jan-Jun2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p47
This study diagnosed the realities of deficit financing, which the on-going democratic government of Federal Republic of Nigeria has seemingly inherited from the erstwhile transitional military administration of the 1990s. Cardinal data volunteered by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Federal...
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the measures planned by the Governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Plans to utilize proceeds from a proposed tobacco securitization; Criticism of the plan by the Democratic Party; Importance of the plan to improve the economic aspects of the state.
- Aiding Springfield. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p35
Reports on the Massachusetts House of Representative's passage of a legislation that will give Springfield access to $52 million no-interest loan. Budget deficit problem of Springfield.
- Why deficits matter. Dekaser, Richard // ABA Banking Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p68
Provides information on budget deficits. Desirability of cyclical deficits; Factor that lead to structural deficits; Reasons of the U.S. government for borrowing money.