Jefferson County, Ala. Forum: With New Market Conditions, Information is Key
- Tobacco Thrives, Airlines Slide, and a Decent-Sized Deal at Last. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p7
High-yield investors in the U.S. looking for supply in the municipal market have focused on tobacco and airline debt in the absence of other issues, but as airline credits weaken they have become less attractive, and new, more traditional paper is in the pipeline. The first sizable new...
- Municipals Firm, Trading Moderate; $175 Million of Ohio GOs Repriced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Trading status of municipal bonds; Reduction in equities; Reprice of Ohio higher education general obligation bonds by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Houston Hospital Puts Final Touches on Revenue Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p32
Reports on J.P. Morgan Securities and Houston, Texas-based Saint Luke's Episcopal Hospital's plan to finalize the details of a tax-exempt revenue bond issue on July 2001. Plans to use the proceeds from the negotiated sale to finance the construction of a community hospital; Rating of the deal...
- Need for Loan Mods Will Persist. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;5/28/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p24
The article highlights the American Securitization Forum seminar on the subprime market pertaining the increasing demand for modification. The increasing demand for loan workouts according to some experts in servicing industry had been addressed. One of the panelists was Chris Flanagan, managing...
- Federal export agencies to gather in Tucson. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;4/21/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p19
Highlights the 2003 Arizona-Mexico Trade and Investment Forum in Tucson, Arizona. Number of attendees; Location of the event; Contact information. INSET: BIZ FACTS.
- New group forms to push early-stage investment. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;05/21/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p15
Reports the formation of an investors group Michigan Angel Forum in Michigan. Session of the group; Reasons in the formation of the group; Factors affecting the Angel group.
- Reconsidering Rates. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p1
Reports on the alteration of the portfolios of leading investment managers in the U.S. Impact of the interest rates on the business plan; Investment into short bonds; Venture into 10-year municipal bonds.
- US steps back from the fiscal cliff. // Fundweb;10/29/2012, p43
Information about the Cyclical Market Forum that featured investment professionals from the UBS Global Asset Management Inc. in Great Britain is presented. The forum highlighted economic outlook and investment implications in 2012 by considering various top-down and bottom-up drivers. The forum...
- Museum Deal Showcases J.P. Morgan's Artistic Interests. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Reports that J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. underwrote a revenue bond offering by the Museum of American Folk Art through the Trust for Cultural Resources of the City of New York. Use of the proceeds of the Folk Art bond sale; Net value of the bond offering.