Maryland Board of Public Works OKs $116M Capital Program
- Fruits of bond vote apparent in WR school district. Smith, Noel Lyn // Navajo Times;11/5/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 44, pC.4
The article reports on the move by the district council to renovate several buildings including Window Rock High, Sawmill Elementary School and warehouse facilities in Window Rock, Arizona. It is said that the construction crews have almost completed the renovation of TsÃ©hootsooÃ...
- School face-lift scheme could cut building costs by Â£200m. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;6/3/2005, p10
Focuses on the Building Schools for the Future program intended to refurbish or rebuild all schools in Great Britain. Construction costs on the government's schools infrastructure program; Level of construction inflation.
- Construction. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);12/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 26, pB4
Forecasts on the construction industry in Spokane, Washington. Anticipation of growth in new-home construction; Uncertainty on state funding for road works; Plans for educational projects.
- School system grapples with complaints on bond spending. Hoeschen, Brad L.F. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p19
Reports that controversy is affecting New Orleans, Louisiana, Public School system's major improvement project. Complaint from a committee which was appointed by the school board to oversee the progress of the construction and renovation; Amount of money granted to the school system to renovate...
- No cure--alls for K-12. Fisher, Thomas // Architectural Record;Oct1997, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p105
Focuses on the amount of money spent in the repair and construction of schools and K-12 facilities in the 1990s. Factors which influence the rate at which repairs are made to facilities; Information on a study conducted by the United States Department of Education.
- Preparation for rapid growth. // American School & University;Dec2002, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p12
Details the expansion and renovation plans for the Carmel Clay Schools in Carmel, Indiana as of December 2002. Benefits of the expansion; Projected enrollment at Carmel Clay Schools by 2010.
- School renovation planned. // American School & University;Feb2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the renovation program for Rabun Gap Nacooche School in Georgia. Details on Phase I of the renovation program; Amount allocated for the program.
- Long Island developer to renovate Levister towers. Philippidis // Westchester County Business Journal;12/27/99, Vol. 38 Issue 52, p26
Reports on Sheldrake Organization Inc.'s renovation of Levister Towers in Westchester County, New York. Improvement of security and services in the complex; Company's request for a tax exemptions from the Industrial Development Authority; Construction of a community center.
- The fix is in. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;02/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the niche of renovation in the construction industry. Forecast growth of the sector; General consensus by contractors that there is more rehabilitation and renovation activities; Factors contributing to the renovation boom.