D.C. Plan to Redevelop Southeast Waterfront Could Spur Bonding
- Buda citizens to view $54 M bond progress. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/4/2015, Vol. 119 Issue 32, p2A
The article offers information on the bond progress meeting to be hosted by the city of Buda, Texas in the Kunkel Room at Buda Elementary upper campus on November 12, 2015 to discuss the progress of bond projects approved in November 2014.
- Columbus Starts Retail Orders for $279M Five-Part Sale, With BABs. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p8
The article reports on the start of the retail orders by Columbus, Ohio on 279 million dollars of general obligation (GO) debt that features five series on November 4, 2009. It notes that these five series, include the city's first Build America Bonds and recovery zone economic development...
- Houston Revisits $146 Million Portion of Refunding Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p34
Reports on the sale of 145.8 million of Series 2005 combined utility system revenue refunding bonds by Houston, Texas. Bond prices; Advancement of refunding of the Series 1996D bonds; Financial advisers for the city's combined utility system; Sufficiency of savings to meet the city's targets.
- Houston Selling $65 Million To Correct Pension Liabilities. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32562, p7
The article reports that the government of Houston, Texas will sold about $65 million of its Series 2007A taxable bonds. The deal aimed to correct unfunded pension liabilities in two of its employee pension plans. Proceeds from the bond issue will be divided with $30 million for the Houston...
- West Fargo, N.D.'s Rising Debt Load Prompts Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2015, p12
The article reports on the downgrade rating to A1 level of the general obligation and sales tax revenue credits of West Fargo, North Dakota by Moody's Investors Service, citing the city's growing debt load as the reason for the downgrade.
- FLORIDA: 'Undergrounding' GOs? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p35
The article reports on the concerns discussed by the Palm Beach Town Council about holding a referendum to ask voters to approve the issuance of general obligation bonds to finance the primary needs of the town in Florida. According to the report, the town officials had estimated that the cost...
- Proceedings for the Issuance of City Bonds In California. Macneil, Sayre // California Law Review;May19, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p213
Explores the proceedings for the issuance of city bonds in the California in the early 1900s. Principles that form the background for any study of the statues and decisions affecting the issuance of city bonds; Constitutional provisions; Description of the Municipal Bond Act of 1901; Procedural...
- Bossier City, La., Gaming to Back Streets, Cyber-Warfare Center. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p4
The article reports on the $100 million of revenue bonds that will be supported by the gamblers at three floating casinos in Bossier City, Louisiana. The bonds will finance street improvements, a new fire station, and the construction of a cyber-warfare innovation center in the northeast...
- D.C. May Issue &180M in Debt to Finance New Museum. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p5
Reports the plans of the district to sell tax-exempt municipal bonds in Washington, D.C. Amount of bonds the district planned to issue; Use of the sale to finance an interactive journalism museum; Refusal of the district finance office to disclose the details of the potential sale.