New Management Strategies in the Treatment of Status Epilepticus
- First Aid for Seizures. // Medical Update;2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p7
Enumerates the recommended measures of the Epilepsy Foundation for dealing with seizures.
- News notes. // Annals of Internal Medicine;04/15/98, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p704
Presents information on the risks for epilepsy and seizures after traumatic brain injury. Information on a study carried out by John F. Annegers, doctor of philosophy and colleagues; Detailed information on the study; Listing of the significant risk factors for later seizures; Examination of...
- jacksonian seizure. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1244
A definition of the term "jacksonian seizure" which refers to a localized form of epilepsy with spasms confined to one part or one group of muscles is presented.
- opisthotonos. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1637
A definition of the term "opisthotonos," which refers to a tetanic spasm that makes the head and heels bent backward making the body bow forward, is presented.
- Focal vs. Generalized Seizures: Why Classify? Sheth, Raj D. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p73
Deals with the classification of seizures as partial or generalized. Definition of epilepsy; Importance of classifying seizures; Relation between partial or focal and generalized seizures.
- Information from Your Family Doctor. What Should I Know About Seizures and Epilepsy? // American Family Physician;7/1/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p105
Answers questions about seizures and epilepsy. Definition of the disorder; Causes of epilepsy; Diagnosis; Treatment of epilepsy and seizures.
- Reply to "Prediction of epileptic seizures: are nonlinear methods relevant?". Martinerie, J.; Le Van Quyen, M.; Baulac, M.; Renault, B. // Nature Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p242
Responds to comments on the article 'Prediction of epileptic seizures: are nonlinear methods relevant?' published in a previous issue of 'Nature Medicine.' Sensitivity of the non-linear index to amplitude variance fluctuation; Data supporting the idea that pre-ictal dynamic changes have a...
- Prediction of epileptic seizures: are nonlinear methods relevant? McSharry, Patrick E.; Smith, Leonard A.; Tarassenko, Lionel // Nature Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p241
Comments on the article 'Prediction of epileptic seizures: are nonlinear methods relevant?' published in a previous issue of 'Nature Medicine.'
- I beat epilepsy. Hollander, Diana // Self;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p108
Relates the author's experiences on epilepsy. Occurrence of the first spasm while driving; Number of seizures in a year; Diagnosis with epilepsy at the age of 30.
- Recognizing epilepsy and types of seizures. Gualberto, Gary // Wentzville Journal;3/6/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 10, pB2
The author discusses some of the important issues to consider about epilepsy and the types of epileptic seizures.