56-Year-Old Man With Progressive Shortness of Breath
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension and Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy. Manecke Jr, Gerard R.; Wilson, William C.; Auger, William R.; Jamieson, Stuart W. // Seminars in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anesthesia;Sep2005, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p189
Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension results from incomplete resolution of a pulmonary embolus or from recurrent pulmonary emboli. Its incidence is underappreciated, and it is currently an undertreated phenomenon. Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy is currently the safest and most...
- Short-term intravenous iloprost for treatment of reperfusion lung oedema after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Hsao-Hsun Hsu; Jin-Shing Chen; Yih-Sharng Chen; Wen-Je Ko; Shuenn-Wen Kuo; Yung-chie Lee // Thorax;May2007, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p459
This case report describes the treatment of reperfusion lung oedema after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy using intravenous iloprost infusion in a 52-year-old woman diagnosed with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.
- The use of the right ventricular diameter and tricuspid annular tissue Doppler velocity parameter to predict the presence of pulmonary hypertension. McLean, Anthony S.; Ting, Iris; Huang, Stephen J.; Wesley, Sarah // European Journal of Echocardiography;Mar2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p128
Abstract: Aims: Detecting the presence of pulmonary hypertension (PH) is important especially with unexplained dyspnoea and suspected thromboembolism. Although PH can be detected invasively by right ventricular (RV) catheterisation, accurate non-invasive assessment by echocardiography has many...
- Reoperaï¿½ï¿½o de tromboendarterectomia pulmonar em recidiva de tromboembolismo pulmonar crï¿½nico hipertensivo. Gomes, Walter Jos�; Imaeda, Carlos Jogi; Perfeito, Jo�o Alessio; Sarmento, Petr�cio Abrantes; Souza, Rodrigo Caetano; Forte, Vicente // Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia;jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p91
Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy has been established as the standard method for the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, with excellent results. However, repeat pulmonary thromboendarterectomy due to recurrence of pulmonary embolism has never been reported in the Brazilian...
- Evaluation of right and left heart mechanics in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before and after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Sunbul, Murat; Kivrak, Tarik; Durmus, Erdal; Yildizeli, Bedrettin; Mutlu, Bulent // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Aug2015, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1159
The aim of the present study was to evaluate of the right and left heart mechanics by two-dimensional (2D) speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) patients before and after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE). A total of 40 consecutive...
- Pulmonary Hypertension from Chronic Pulmonary Thromboembolism. Rich, Stuart; Levitzky, Sidney; Brundage, Bruce H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar88, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p425
Provides information on pulmonary hypertension from chronic pulmonary thromboembolism. Reason for the development of pulmonary hypertension; Thrombosis in pulmonary hypertension from chronic pulmonary thromboembolism; Assays of plasma fibrinolytic components in patients with primary pulmonary...
- Pulmonary Hypertension due to Isolated Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma Thromboemboli. Wilson, Michael K.; Granger, Emily K.; Preda, Veronica A. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Apr2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p143
Pulmonary hypertension as the initial presentation of occult malignancy is extremely rare. The differential diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension due to arterial tumour embolism is often overlooked and deserves contemplation. Our case report details the presentation of cardiorespiratory...
- Thromboendarterectomy for Chronic, Major-Vessel Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. Moser, Kenneth M.; Daily, Pat O.; Peterson, Kirk; Dembitsky, Walter; Vapnek, Jonathan M.; Shure, Deborah; Utley, Joe; Archibald, Carol // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct87, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p560
Presents a case study which dealt with the effects of long-term treatment of patients with pulmonary hypertension. Details on the operative approach used in treatment; Improvement in hemodynamics post-thromboendarterectomy; Characteristicdelay in the diagnosis for patients.
- Chronic Thrombotic Obstruction of Major Pulmonary Arteries. Moser, Kenneth M.; Spragg, Roger G.; Utley, Joseph; Daily, Pat O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep83, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p299
Examines patients with pulmonary hypertension associated with chronic thrombotic obstruction of major pulmonary arteries. Clinical features of patients with pulmonary hypertension; Diagnosis of the disease; Results of thromboendarterectomy.