- Formulation Development of Metformin Tablet and its Comparative In-Vitro study with Different Brands in Pakistan. Nazir, Saeed Ur Rashid; Amer, Muhammad; Malik, Abdul; Nadeem, Muhammad; Kamran; Ahmad Hassali, Mohamed Azmi; Irshad, Nadeem; Malik, Nadia Shamshad // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Resear;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
The objective of this study was to develop formulation of metformin HCl 500 mg film coated tablets, compare in-vitro evaluation of self designed formulation with four different brands of metformin HCl 500 mg film coated tablets and to compare the physicochemical equivalency of the four brands....
- Role of Bile Acid Sequestrants in the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes. HANDELSMAN, YEHUDA // Diabetes Care;May2011 Supplement 2, Vol. 34, pS244
The article discusses the rationale for the use of a bile acid sequestrant (BAS) to treat type 2 diabetes. It describes the clinical effects of the BAS, known as colesevelam hydrochloride, that has been approved for both glycemic and lipid control in the U.S. As new agents are approved in the...
- Medications for Type 2 Diabetes. Tanenberg, Robert J. // Diabetes Health;Feb2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p25
Presents information on the medications for type 2 diabetes. Emergence of meglitinides and phenylalanine derivatives in the U.S. market; Benefits of such drugs; Features offered by the Metformin biguanide for patients.
- Oral Agents in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. // American Family Physician;5/1/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p1747
Examines the effectiveness of several oral agents in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. How sulfonylureas work; nset of action of meglitinides; Side effect profile of biguanides.
- La metformina y sus aplicaciones actuales en la clÃnica. Castro-Martínez, María Guadalupe; Castillo-Anaya, Viviana; Ochoa-Aguilar, Abraham; Godínez-Gutiérrez, Sergio A. // Medicina Interna de Mexico;sep/oct2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p562
Metformin began to be used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus type 2 in Europe in 1957 and in the United States in 1995. Recently this drug has been the mostly prescribed oral anti-hyperglycaemic agent all over the word. In 1998 the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes study demonstrated the...
- ActualizaciÃ³n en la FarmacologÃa de la Metformina: Efecto Antiglicante. González, Hungría Fernández // Informe Medico;jan2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p23
No abstract available.
- Emerging Concepts in Metformin Therapy: Hyperglycaemia and Beyond. Fiad, Tarek M.; Al Hammadi, Fatema H.; Al Nuaimi, Asma A.; Al Dhuhouri, Jamila S. // Ibnosina Journal of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p227
Metformin has been extensively used in the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). A number of properties combined, including cost effectiveness, safety, weight neutrality, low risk of Hypoglycemia and cardiovascular protection moved metformin to the forefront of diabetes management and...
- Metformin in gestational diabetes: An emerging contender. Singh, Awadhesh Kumar; Singh, Ritu // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p236
Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) is defined as any degree of glucose intolerance occurring first time during pregnancy. Its prevalence is simultaneously increasing with the global rise of diabesity. GDM commonly develops, when maternal glucose metabolism is unable to compensate for the...
- Metformin: A New Treatment Option for Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus. Goo, Alvin K. Y.; Carson, Deborah Stier; Bjelajac, Aleksandra // Journal of Family Practice;Jun1996, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p612
Metformin is a biguanide that can used alone or in combination with sulfonylureas or insulin in the treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). Since biguanides do not increase pancreatic insulin secretion, they are referred to as antihyperglycemic agents, as opposed to...