Posttransplantation Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A Single-Center Experience and a Contemporary Review
- Thrombotic microangiopathy following organ transplantation. Ruggenenti, Piero // Kidney International;May2003, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p1959
Responds to Phuong-Thu T. Pham and colleagues' comments on the authors' article regarding thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) following organ transplantation. Forms of TMA; Criteria for administering plasma therapy to patients with TMA; Deficiency of von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease activity.
- Thrombotic microangiopathy following organ transplantation. Pham, Phuong-Thu T.; Pham, Phuong-Chi T.; Wilkinson, Alan H. // Kidney International;May2003, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p1959
Comments on Piero Ruggenenti's article regarding thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) following organ transplantation. Deficiency of von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease activity; Efficacy of plasma therapy against TMA.
- Staged Hand-Assisted Bilateral Native Nephrectomy for Management of Posttransplant Polyuria in an Adult with Dent’s Disease. Montero, Rosa M.; Hilton, Rachel; Olsburgh, Jonathon // Case Reports in Transplantation;1/11/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Polyuria after kidney transplantation causes graft dysfunction and increased thrombotic risk. We present a case of a polyuric adult with Dentâ€™s disease who underwent staged bilateral native nephrectomies, the first operation before transplant and the second four months after transplant....
- Catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome complicating orthotopic liver transplantation. Villamil, A; Sorkin, E; Basta, M C; Mysler, E; Macias, S; Pekolj, J; Ciardullo, M; Eleta, F; de Santiba�es, E; Allievi, A; Gadano, A // Lupus;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p140
Catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome (CAPS) is an acutely devastating situation characterized by widespread thrombotic microangiopathy in the presence of elevated titers of antiphospholipid antibodies. We describe a 57-year old woman who underwent liver transplantation for primary sclerosing...
- Pericardial effusion in pediatric SCT recipients with thrombotic microangiopathy. Lerner, D; Dandoy, C; Hirsch, R; Laskin, B; Davies, S M; Jodele, S // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p862
A letter to the editor is presented regarding pericardial effusion (PEF), which is a complication of hematopoietic stem cells transplantation (HSCT) in pediatric recipients with thrombotic microangiopathy.
- Oligotide, a defibrotide derivative, protects human microvascular endothelial cells against fludarabine-induced activation, damage and allogenicity. Eissner, G; Iacobelli, M; Blüml, S; Burger, V; Haffner, S; Andreesen, R; Holler, E // Bone Marrow Transplantation;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p915
Summary:Fludarabine is a nonmyeloablative immunosuppressant increasingly used as a component of alternative reduced-intensity conditioning regimens prior to allogeneic stem cell transplantation (SCT). However, we have previously shown that 2-fluoroadenine 9-beta-D-arabinofuranoside (F-Ara) as...
- Counting the cost: markers of endothelial damage in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Woywodt, A.; Haubitz, M.; Buchholz, S.; Hertenstein, B. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Dec2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p1015
Summary:During hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT), endothelial damage is the pathological hallmark of veno-occlusive disease of the liver, thrombotic microangiopathy, capillary leak syndrome and graft-versus-host disease. Events prior to conditioning, the conditioning regimen itself...
- Comparison of thrombotic microangiopathy after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation with high-dose or nonmyeloablative conditioning. Willems, E.; Baron, F.; Seidel, L.; Frère, P.; Fillet, G.; Beguin, Y. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Apr2010, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p689
The role of conditioning intensity on occurrence of thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) has remained unclear thus far. Here, we retrospectively compared the incidence of TMA in patients given allogeneic hematopoietic stem cells after either...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation-associated thrombotic microangiopathy: defining a disorder. George, J. N. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Jun2008, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p917
The author reflects on the importance of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation-associated thrombotic microangiopathy (TA-TMA). He remarks that TA-TMA's importance is documented not only by the experience of clinicians but also by extensive clinical investigation. He asserts that despite...