GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK
- HOT SHOT. // Finweek;9/2/2010, p8
The article reports on the unanimous decision took by the Parliament's communication committee to prevent the South African Broadcasting Corp. (SABC) officials from public eye when it attempted to unveil a meeting where the stated officials would be grilled and one official possibly be suspended...
- COGNITIVE STYLES IN AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE: CROSSVALIDATION OF THE COGNITIVE STYLE INDICATOR (CoSI). COOLS, EVA; DE PAUW, ANN-SOPHIE; VANDERHEYDEN, KARLIEN // Psychological Reports;Aug2011, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p59
This study examines the cross-cultural validity of the Cognitive Style Indicator (CoSI). Measurement equivalence tests were performed on data collected from a Belgian (n = 300) and a South African (n = 246) sample of students and employees. Confirmatory factor analyses within each sample showed...
- THE SABC HORROR SHOW. // Finweek;12/17/2015, p33
The article reports on the negative news at broadcasting network South African Broadcasting Corp. including the dismissal of its board members and the suspension of its chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng.
- Lily Pads and Landing Pads. Lacayo, Richard // Time;4/15/2004 Special Issue, Vol. 163, p18
Looks at South African New York-based architect Zaha Hadid upon the completion of a showroom for the Swiss furniture company Vitra. Suaveness of the configured space where display platforms ribbon around corners or morph into mahogany staircases; Display of her intricate design proposals at the...
- A civil service. Motsepe, Sheila // Finweek;7/19/2007, p56
The article reports on the government agencies included in the Magnet Communications' Young Professional survey. South African Reserve Bank (SARB) and South African Airways (SAA) company are featured in more than top 30 ideal employers choice. SARB ranks at 23 and 10 for humanities and commerce,...
- New chief sets off SABC race row. Pearson, Bryan // Variety;06/15/98, Vol. 371 Issue 6, p29
Announces the appointment of Hawu Mbatha as corporation chief executive of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC). Claim of Govan Reddy on Mbatha's promotion.
- SAA board walk out. // Travel Daily;10/3/2012, p7
The article reports that eight members of South African Airways Ltd., such as chairman Cheryl Carolus, have resigned after a disagreement with the South African (SA) government.
- On margin. // Finance Week;09/08/2000, p62
Focuses on news briefs about finance in South Africa as of September 8, 2000. Views of Reserve Bank governor Tito Mboweni on interest rates; Plan to replace Nick Mallett with Andre Markgraaff.
- SA Airways staff face procurement probe. // Supply Management;9/16/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p10
The article reports that senior staff of South African Airways (SAA) will face criminal prosecution after the investigation of KPMG which alleged that the award of contracts between 2004 and 2009 has irregularities.