- Relax set for legal action with O+D. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p5
The article focuses on a dispute between Relax Retail, a furniture retailing company, and Open & Direct Ltd. (OD), regarding the termination of a financial agreement between the two companies. Relax Retail has claimed that OD owes more than Â£30,000 to it. As per an agreement, furniture was...
- A credit to the business. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p17
Reveals that financial services firms are aiding smaller furniture retailers in Great Britain offering consumer credit. Growth of consumer credit in the furniture retail sector; Internet-based systems developed by Open+Direct; Consumer credit offered by Halifax Cetelem Credit.
- New credit firm for Thomsons WoF. // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Announces Scotland-based furniture retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's decision to switch consumer credit provider to Northern Ireland-based Open+Direct.
- French credit deal. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Belfast, Northern Ireland-based Open + Direct Retail Services by French consumer credit Laser. The acquisition is part of Laser's strategy to introduce its Laser UK brand to the country. Open + Direct will offer credit and loyalty card schemes to its...
- Open + Direct profits down. // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2001, Issue 5264, p2
Reports the decrease in profits of Open + Direct in Great Britain.
- Party players. // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2005, Issue 5441, p8
Reports on the schedule of the Kensington Roof Garden exhibition at Earls Court in London, England. Sponsorship of the London Interiors Party by the credit firm Open + Direct Retail Finance; Total expected guests; Duration of the exhibition.
- MBO finalised at O+D. // Cabinet Maker;5/10/2002, Issue 5286, p3
Reports the completion of the management buyout of the credit firm Open+Direct from parent company Veridian in Great Britain.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;11/15/2002, Issue 5313, p3
Presents updates relevant to the cabinetmaking business in Great Britain as of November 15, 2002. Re-accreditation of the customer service levels of Open+Direct; Acquisition of Townsend Associates by Peter Cook International.
- Viridian dismisses reports of sale. // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2001, Issue 5262, p6
Reports the dismissal of sell retail credit of subsidiary Open+Direct by Viridian Group in Great Britain.