Risk factors for recurrent bile duct stones after endoscopic papillotomy
- ENDOSCOPIC SPHINCTEROTOMY: IS IT THE DEFINITIVE "SURGERY" FOR NONSURGICAL PATIENTS? Van Dam, Jacques; Johnson, David // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1997, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p1944
The aim of this study was to investigate whether endoscopic sphincterotomy was useful in preventing the recurrence of acute gallstone pancreatitis in patients with gallstones and a high anesthesiological risk. Twenty six elderly patients with severe comorbidities including chronic heart failure...
- ENDOSCOPIC TREATMENT OF BILE DUCT STONES: SHOULD WE CUT OR DILATE THE SPHINCTER? MacMathuna, Padraic // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1997, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p1411
Discusses endoscopic treatments of bile duct stones. Details of a study by Ulchida et al which examined sphincter dilation for bile duct stone extraction; Complications of sphincterotomy; Overview of studies on sphincter stenosis and stone recurrence.
- More on Chenodiol: Continued Treatment and Prevention of Recurrences. Palmer, Robert H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar84, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p450
Comments on studies using chenodiol for complete dissolution of recurring gallstones. Reasons for poor response to chenodiol; Causes of gallstone recurrences; Recommendations for treating recurrent gallstones.
- Large balloon dilation for the treatment of recurrent bile duct stones prevents short-term recurrence in patients with previous endoscopic sphincterotomy. Harada, Ryo; Maguchi, Hiroyuki; Takahashi, Kuniyuki; Katanuma, Akio; Osanai, Manabu; Yane, Kei; Hashigo, Syunpei; Kaneko, Maki; Katoh, Ryusuke; Katoh, Shin // Journal of Hepato -- Biliary -- Pancreatic Sciences;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p498
Background/purpose: Our previous study revealed the efficacy and safety of the large balloon dilation (LBD) technique. However, there is insufficient objective data about the recurrence rate. The aim of this study was to compare the recurrence rate of common bile duct (CBD) stones between...
- Is cholecystectomy necessary after endoscopic treatment of bile duct stones in patients older than 80 years of age? Yasui, Takaharu; Takahata, Shunichi; Kono, Hiroshi; Nagayoshi, Yosuke; Mori, Yasuhisa; Tsutsumi, Kosuke; Sadakari, Yoshihiko; Ohtsuka, Takao; Nakamura, Masafumi; Tanaka, Masao // Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p65
Background and aims: Although patients with cholecystocholedocholithiasis are generally referred to cholecystectomy after endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) and common bile duct clearance, we often have a conflict whether cholecystectomy is necessary in very elderly patients with comorbid diseases....
- Common bile duct stonesâ€”cut or stretch?. Fujita, N. // Gut;Jul2003, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p1068
Discusses the article 'Endoscopic Sphincterotomy and Endoscopic Papillary Balloon Dilatation for Bile Duct Stones: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Multicenter Trial,' by N. Fujita, H. Maguchi, Y. Komatsu et al, published in a 2003 issue of 'Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.'
- Acute Pancreatitis and Pregnancy: A 10-Year Single Center Experience. Hernandez, Alejandro; Petrov, Maxim S.; Brooks, David C.; Banks, Peter A.; Ashley, Stanley W.; Tavakkolizadeh, Ali // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1623
Background Acute pancreatitis in pregnancy is rare. We report our institutional therapeutic approaches to this disease and its effect on maternal and fetal outcomes. Methods A retrospective review of medical records of pregnant women admitted to Brigham and Women's Hospital between 1996 and...
- Detection of Endoscopic and Histological Inflammation after an Attack of Colonic Diverticulitis is Associated with Higher Diverticulitis Recurrence. Tursi, Antonio; Elisei, Walter; Giorgetti, Gian Marco; Inchingolo, Cosimo Damiano; Nenna, Rosanna; Picchio, Marcello; Brandimarte, Giovanni // Journal of Gastrointestinal & Liver Diseases;Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p13
Background & Aims: Colonic diverticulitis shows a high recurrence rate, but the factors associated with such recurrence are still unknown. The aim of our study was to investigate the role of endoscopic and histological inflammation as predictors for the recurrence of diverticulitis. Methods: One...
- Reporte de caso y revisiÃ³n de la literatura. Manejo endoscÃ³pico de fÃstula traqueoesofÃ¡gica recurrente con electrocauterio y pegante tisular. OSPINA, JUAN CAMILO; WUESTHOFF, CAROLINA // Universitas MÃ©dica;jul-sep2012, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p323
Recurrent Tracheoesophageal Fistulas (RTEF) remains a therapeutic challenge, cause of the high rates of morbidity and mortality associated with open surgical closure and their frequent recurrence. Endoscopic techniques provide an alternative approach with the potential for improved surgical...