Systemic Thrombolytic Therapy After Recent Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair: An Absolute Contraindication?
- Successful Selective Thrombolysis for Limb-Threatening Ischemia due to Bilateral Lower Extremity Emboli After Open Aortic Aneurysm Repair. S., Acosta; B., Lagerström; Z., Varga; H., Ravn; S., Flarup // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p506
Severe lower extremity emboli with occlusion of all 3 lower limb arteries bilaterally occurred after an elective open abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair. Selective thrombolysis with alteplase and repeated percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) along the occlusions on both side anterior...
- Endocaval suture of aortocaval fistula. Illuminati, Giulio; Calio, Francesco G. // American Surgeon;May1997, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p399
Reports a case of aortocaval fistula complicating a ruptured infrarenal aortic aneurysm. Standard surgical management of an aortocoval fistula complicating an infrarenal aortic aneurysm; Method of treating aortocoval fistulas complicating infrarenal aortic aneurysms.
- Survivors of coarctation repair: fixed but not cured. Celermajer, D.S.; Greaves, K. // Heart;Aug2002, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p113
Editorial. Focuses on patients who underwent coarctation repair of the heart. Incidence of late aneurysm formation; Complications following satisfactory repair; Pathophysiology of hypertension; Clinical implications.
- A two-layer `telescoping' proximal anastomosis for repair... Hans, S.S.; Robb, H.J. // American Surgeon;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p839
Presents technique of a two-layer aortic anastomosis for juxtarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm. Advantage of the technique; Operative technique used; Most important factor to exclude a diseased aortic segment from the proximal suture line.
- Beak sign of recurrent dissection of the thoracic aorta: radiologic--pathologic correlation. Cleverley, Joanne R.; Mayo, John R.; Janusz, Michael; English, John C.; Stringer, Keith; Davis, Jennifer E. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p237
Presents a case of recurrent aortic dissection, and ultimate rupture, in a patient after successful surgical repair of a type A aortic dissection. Configuration of mural thrombus within the descending thoracic aortal all; Unstable recurrent dissection within the wall of the false lumen;...
- Proximal Clamping Levels in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Surgery. Buket, Suat; Atay, Yuksel; Islamoglu, Fatih; Yagdi, Tahir; Posacioglu, Hakan; Alat, Ilker; Cikirikcioglu, Mustafa; Yuksel, Munevver; Durmaz, Isa // Texas Heart Institute Journal;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p264
Presents a study that evaluated the advantages and disadvantages of the three main aortic clamping locations in the surgical treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). Review of the records of patients with AAA; Diagnostic techniques and surgical procedure; Factors affecting morbidity and...
- Aprotinin. // Reactions Weekly;7/1/2006, Issue 1108, p5
The article focuses on two cases of intracardiac thrombosis in women receiving aprotinin treatment while undergoing surgical repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms. Both patients were given heparin prior to aortic cross-clamping. Echocardiography revealed intravascular thrombus formation in...
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Can Be Fatal: Find Out if You Are at Risk. // Women's Health Advisor;Jul2013, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) which is an enlargement of the aorta caused due to the weakening of the aortic wall. It mentions risk factors of AAA including high blood pressure, smoking and a family history of aneurysms. It states that the treatment of AAA depend on...
- Visceral Patch Rupture after Repair of Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Gasparis, Antonios P.; Da Silva, Monica S.; Semel, Lawrence // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p491
Evaluates the rupture of visceral patch after the repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm. Use of interposition grafts for the success of revascularization of the visceral vessels; Development of hypovolemic shock and abdominal pain after the repair; Performance of computed tomography.