Searching the Medical Literature Using PubMed: A Tutorial
- MEDIA CHOICE. Iannuzzi, Michele // Medical Marketing & Media;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on a physician's favorite sources of medical information. Resource for original research; American Academy of Family Physicians' 'American Family Physician' journal; Electronic mail bulletin.
- The Veterinary Record binders. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/26/2005, Vol. 156 Issue 13, p417
Focuses on the availability of binders for one volume of "The Veterinary Record" from McMillan-Scott Subscriber Services in England.
- Tap the Internet to Strengthen Evidence-Based Oncology Nursing Practice. Gomez, Elizabeth // ONS News;Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p7
Presents information on Web sites which offer evidence-based practice resources. Cochrane Collaboration; National Guideline Clearinghouse; Virginia Henderson Sigma Theta Tau International Library.
- Rheumatology: An Annotated Bibliography of Recent Literature. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb83, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p264
Presents a list of reference materials about the concept and practice of internal medicine.
- Some User's Guides: Reliable and Informative. Hunter, Beatrice Tru // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Dec2002, Issue 233, p126
Presents several information resources related to medicine. 'The User's Guide to Chromium,' by Melissa Diane Smith; 'The User's Guide to Coenzyme Q10,' by Martin Zucker; 'The User's Guide to Glucosamine & Chondroitin,' by Victoria Dolby Toews; 'The User's Guide to St. John's Wort,' by Laurel...
- Telling patients about their medicines. George, C.F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/20/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6587, p1566
Focuses on the role of doctors and pharmacists in the provision of information on medications in North America and Great Britain. Need for printed leaflets with the medicines; Details on the legal and ethical aspects of medical information; Impact of the regulations on manufacturers.
- Searching the Literature Comes Before Writing the Literature. Beatty, William K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec73, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p917
Offers a guide for searching journal or book literature in medicine and related fields. Information and services provided by Medline; Information resources suggested for making review of literature; Management of problems associated with works in foreign languages.
- FURTHER READING. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Sep2012, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p28
A list of reports and other resources on medical topics is presented.
- Resource Roundup. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p28
Presents several resource materials and Web sites that provide information on medicine. 'Anticounterfeiting Solutions Manual'; Biological Abstract Database; 'HIPAA Patient Privacy Compliance Guide.'