Response Rate, Durability of Response, and Survival After Thalidomide Therapy for Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- New Tubulin Polymerization Inhibitor Derived from Thalidomide: Implications for Anti-Myeloma Therapy. Kizaki, Masahiro; Hashimoto, Yuichi // Current Medicinal Chemistry;2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p754
Despite the conventional and high-dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, multiple myeloma eventually relapses, resulting in an incurable hematological malignancy. Therefore, novel therapeutic approaches in clinical settings are desired. Recently, thalidomide was...
- Spotlight on Lenalidomide in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma. Scott, Lesley J.; Lyseng-Williamson, Katherine A. // BioDrugs;2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p333
In several countries, including the US and in Europe, oral lenalidomide in combination with oral dexamethasone is approved for the treatment of multiple myeloma patients (aged â‰¥18 years) who have received at least one prior antimyeloma therapy. The key therapeutic mechanisms of action of...
- Bortezomib worth it in MM. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;4/21/2007, Issue 526, p9
The article focuses on a study on the benefits of the use of bortezomib in treating relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (MM) published in the January 2007 issue of the "Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy." The study found that the drug increases survival and cost saving. A Markov model...
- Thalidomide for previously untreated indolent or smoldering multiple myeloma. Rajkumar, S V; Dispenzieri, A; Fonseca, R; Lacy, M Q; Geyer, S; Lust, J A; Kyle, R A; Greipp, P R; Gertz, M A; Witzig, T E // Leukemia (08876924);Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1274
We conducted a clinical trial of thalidomide as initial therapy for asymptomatic smoldering (SMM) or indolent multiple myeloma (IMM). Sixteen patients were studied. Thalidomide was given orally at a dose of 200 mg/day for 2 weeks, and then increased as tolerated by 200 mg/day every 2 weeks to a...
- Thalidomide. // Reactions Weekly;7/24/2010, Issue 1311, p40
The article describes the case of a man who developed peripheral neuropathy while receiving chemotherapy with thalidomide for multiple myeloma.
- Thalidomide and IMiDs in multiple myeloma. // Hematology Journal;2003 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 1, pS2
The Hematology Journal (2003) 4, S2-S7. doi:10.1038/sj.thj.6200265
- Lenalidomide in the treatment of multiple myeloma. Rao, Kamakshi V. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/1/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 17, p1799
Purpose. The pharmacology, clinical use, adverse effects, dosage and administration, and cost of lenalidomide in the treatment of multiple myeloma (MM) are reviewed. Summary. Lenalidomide is an analogue of thalidomide and has been shown to be more potent than thalidomide in the stimulation of...
- The oral combination of thalidomide, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone (ThaCyDex) is effective in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. R. García-Sanz Jr.; González-Porras; Hernández, J. M.; Polo-zarzuela, M.; Sureda, A.; Barrenetxea, C.; Palomera, L.; López, R.; Grande-García, C.; Alegre, A.; Vargas-Pabón, M.; Gutiérrez, O. N.; Rodríguez, J. A.; Miguel, J. F.San // Leukemia (08876924);Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p856
We evaluate the efficacy of the oral combination of thalidomide, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone (ThaCyDex) in 71 refractory/relapsed multiple myeloma patients, including a prognostic analysis to predict both response and survival. Patients received thalidomide at escalating doses (200-800...
- Thalidomide. // Reactions Weekly;6/30/2012, Issue 1408, p29
The article describes the case of a woman in her 60s who developed World Health Organization (WHO) grade III peripheral neuropathy during treatment with thalidomide for multiple myeloma.