Review of 1027 Patients With Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma
- Sacral insufficiency fracture complicated by epidural haematoma and cauda equina syndrome in a patient with multiple myeloma. Carmel Cronin; Derek Lohan; Ronan Swords; Margaret Murray; Joseph Murphy; Clare Roche // Emergency Radiology;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p425
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â We report the case of a patient with multiple myeloma (MM) and extensive lytic bone disease who presented with a short history of back pain and leg weakness. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the lumbar spine revealed a sacral insufficiency fracture complicated by an...
- Deri BulgularÄ± ileTanÄ± Konulan Bir Multipl Myelom Olgusu. Erdoğan, Fatma Gülru; Tuğrul, Burcu; Gürler, Aysel; Heper, Aylin Okçu // Archives of the Turkish Dermatology & Venerology / Turkderm;2010, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p170
Multiple myeloma, being a malignant proliferation of plasma cells in the bone marrow, has clinical spectrum varying from monoclonal gammopathy with unknown significance to plasma cell leukemia. The presenting symptoms have usually been bone pain, pathologic fractures or repeating infections. In...
- Obstructive Uropathy by an Extraosseous Multiple Myeloma: A Case Report. Robillard, Nicholas; Ethier, Jean // Journal of Medical Cases;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p477
Multiple myeloma, characterized by plasma cell proliferation in the bone marrow, is the second most common hematologic malignancy. According to the 2003 Criteria for the Classification Monoclonal Gammapathies, Multiple Myeloma and Related Disorders, a clonal proliferation of plasma cells that...
- 4. From MGUS to symptomatic MM. // Hematology Journal;2003 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 1, pS121
The Hematology Journal (2003) 4, S121-S135. doi:10.1038/sj.thj.6200284
- Criteria for diagnosis, staging, risk stratification and response assessment of multiple myeloma. Kyle, R A; Rajkumar, S V // Leukemia (08876924);Apr2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p980
A correction to the article "Criteria for diagnosis, staging, risk stratification and response assessment of multiple myeloma" that was published in the 2009 issue is presented.
- An Incidental Finding From a Blood Smear. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jul2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p106
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of multiple myeloma from peripheral blood smear findings is presented.
- Alveolar ridge mass with multifocal intraosseous radiolucent lesions. Fitzpatrick, Sarah C.; Dashti, Hussain; Cohen, Donald M.; Bhattacharyya, Indraneel // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Apr2011, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p411
The article presents a case study concerning alveolar ridge mass with multifocal intraosseous radiolucent lesions. It cites an evaluation of a 56-year-old woman for a painful swelling of the left mandibular vestibule in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry at...
- Plasma Cell Labeling Index in the Evaluation of Smoldering (Asymptomatic) Multiple Myeloma. Paparodis, Rodis // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Mar2010, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p300
A letter to the editor is presented concerning a clinical course and prognosis of patients diagnosed as having smoldering multiple myeloma (SSM).
- Extramedullary manifestations of multiple myeloma in the thyroid gland and in the lungs: excellent response to therapy. Weisser, Fabia; Reuter, Christiane; Taverna, Christian // Annals of Hematology;Nov2010, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p1183
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the case of a 74-year-old woman who was diagnosed with multiple myeloma.