44-Year-Old Woman With Fatigue and Dyspnea
- Pulmonary Hemorrhage in Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Santiago-Casas, Yesenia; Vilá, Luis M. // Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p49
Pulmonary hemorrhage (PH) is a life-threatening complication in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) occurring in 0.5% to 5.7% of lupus patients. PH is more common in women. The mean age at onset is around 30 years. Most have an established diagnosis of SLE but in approximately 20% PH occurs at...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus with refractory hemolytic anemia effectively treated with cyclosporin A: a case report. Wang, S-W; Cheng, T-T // Lupus;2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p483
A 51 year old woman with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) serially developed thrombocytopenia, arthritis, lupus nephritis, pleuritis, mesenteric vasculitis and refractory hemolytic anemia during the past 19 years prior to presentation. The woman had been managed with high doses of...
- Ruptured renal microaneurysms complicated with a retroperitoneal abscess for a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus. Tsai, Y-G; Lai, J-H; Kuo, S-Y; Chen, H-C; Wan, H-L; Chang, D-M // Lupus;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p317
Renal artery aneurysm is extremely rare among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.(SLE). Herein, we report on a 22-year-old male lupus patient who presented with acute abdominal pain, anemia and subsequent hypertension. Abdominal computed tomography revealed a peri-renal hematoma over the...
- The clinical characterisation of systemic lupus erythematosus in a Far North Queensland Indigenous kindred. Mason, J. A.; Bossingham, D. // Lupus;Feb2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p144
The aetiology of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is thought to involve both genetic and environmental factors. In other complex diseases, analysis of large multi-case families has resulted in insights into biological mechanisms. We have sought to characterise the members of an extended...
- Review of the pharmaceutical treatment outcome in cases of complicated systemic lupus erythematosus with aplastic anemia. Karbasi-Afshar, Reza; Bayat, Noushin; Saburi, Amin // Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results;Jan-Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p54
A letter to the editor is presented about the presentation of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) with aplastic anemia (AA).
- Particularities of anaemia in framework of systemic lupus erythematosus. Samohvalov, Elena; Mazur-Nicorici, Lucia; Revenco, Ninel; Mazur, Minodora // Journal of Translational Medicine;2012, Vol. 10 Issue Suppl 3, p1
An abstract of the article "Particularities of anaemia in framework of systemic lupus erythematosus,' by Elena Samohvalov and colleagues is presented.
- Reversal of aplastic anaemia secondary to systemic lupus erythematosus by high-dose intravenous cyclophosphamide. Walport, M.J.; Hubbard, W.N.; Hughes, G.R.V. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/18/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6344, p769
Investigates the reversal of aplastic anemia secondary to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) by high-dose intravenous cyclophosphamide. Features of SLE; Presentation of a case report on patient with SLE with bone marrow aplasia; Reaction of patient to cyclophosphamide treatment.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic US cohort LUMINA LI: Anaemia as a predictor of disease activity and damage accrual. A. M. Bertoli; L. M. Vilá; M. Apte; B. J. Fessler; H. M. Bastian; J. D. Reveille; G. S. Alarcón; for the LUMINA Study Group // Rheumatology;Aug2007, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1471
Objective: To examine if anaemia (and its severity) is associated with disease activity and damage accrual in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Methods: Four thousand four-hundred study visits in 613 SLE patients enrolled in LUMINA were studied. Anaemia was expressed in four categories of...
- Diffuse edema and bilateral massive pleural effusion as the presentation of systemic lupus erythematosus. Aslan, M.; Bicak, U.; Dogan, D. G.; Dogan, M.; Yakinci, C. // Lupus;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p308
A rare case of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), with massive bilateral pleural effusions and generalized edema as the first manifestations, is reported. The patient was a previously healthy 13-year-old boy. He presented with a history of fever, lack of appetite, gradually increasing fatigue,...