2-Chlorodeoxyadenosine Therapy for Disseminated Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis
- Multifocal Langerhans cell histiocytosis of the pediatric spine: a case report and literature review. S. Vadivelu; F. Mangano; C. Miller; J. Leonard // Child's Nervous System;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p127
AbstractCase report??An 11-month-old boy presented with a 3-month history of lower extremity weakness. CT and MRI of the spine revealed an enhancing epidural mass, extending from T1 through T5 and exiting through multiple foramina. The largest extraspinal extent was located at the T3 vertebral...
- Radiologic findings of adult pelvis and appendicular skeletal Langerhans cell histiocytosis in nine patients. Song, You; Lee, In; Yi, Jae; Cho, Kil; Kim, Do; Song, Jong; Song, You Seon; Lee, In Sook; Yi, Jae Hyuck; Cho, Kil Ho; Kim, Do Kyung; Song, Jong Woon // Skeletal Radiology;Nov2011, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p1421
Objective:The purpose of this article was to evaluate the radiologic findings of adult pelvis and appendicular skeletal Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH), emphasizing the CT and MR findings. Materials and Methods:The images of nine patients with pathologically proven...
- Answer to Case of the Month #139 Central Nervous System Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. Suchak, Amar A.; Naik, Sandeep S. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p268
The article focuses on a woman diagnosed with central nervous system Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH). The disease was confirmed after a magnetic resonance imaging examination of the patient's brain was done for her headache problem. LCH is a nonneoplastic disorder characterized by the...
- Intracranial non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis presenting as an isolated intraparenchymal lesion. Rajaram, Smitha; Wharton, Stephen B.; Shackley, Fiona; Raghavan, Ashok; Connolly, Daniel J. A. // Pediatric Radiology;Dec2010, Vol. 40, p145
Non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis in the absence of cutaneous or other organ involvement is very rare. A Caucasian boy age 3 years 11 months presented with episodes of recurrent right-side seizures over 2 weeks. Brain CT and MR imaging showed a single enhancing left frontal lobe lesion....
- Recent eyelid swelling appears to be resolved after an ER visit, but soon returns accompanied by headaches and eye pain. Talamini, Christine // Review of Ophthalmology;Jul2014, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p63
The article presents a case study of a 19-year-old man who was taken to the emergency room for evaluation of intermittent right upper eyelid swelling accompanied by occasional tearing and blurry vision in the right eye. It mentions that he had chronic anxiety and underwent surgical repair of an...
- Commentary. Joubert, Christophe // Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p196
The author discusses the case report entitled "Intra cranial Rosai-Dorfman disease," by T. M. Anoop and colleagues in the 2014 issue which illustrates the difficulty in diagnosing the rare non langerhans cell histiocytosis called Rosai-Dorfman disease (RDD). Topics include the use of computed...
- Langerhaus Update. Hilton, Lisette // Dermatology Times;Apr2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p47
Presents a guide to diagnosing children with langerhans cell histiocytosis in Bal Harbour, Florida. Importance of assessing the medical history of the patient; Analysis of the complete blood count with differential platelets; Account on major prognostic factor.
- Histiocytic disorders. Arico, Maurizio; Clementi, Rita; Caselli, Desiree; Danesino, Cesare // Hematology Journal;2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p171
The Hematology Journal (2003) 4, 171-179. doi:10.1038/sj.thj.6200253
- A pain in the neck. Zacharkiw, Ayeshea; Williams, Helen // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Education & Practice Edition;Apr2013, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p71
A medical quiz about Langerhans cell histiocytosis is presented.