Structured Settlements Meet Modern Portfolio Theory
- Structured settlement cos. target new markets. Crosson, Cynthia // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/15/93, Vol. 97 Issue 46, p10
Highlights alternative market potentials for structured settlement annuities. Workers' compensation and environmental claims; Typical beneficiary; Provisions under the tax code; Tax treatment and the assignment of liability for environmental cleanup.
- CONTINGENCY FEES AND STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT ANNUITIES. Nowotny, Gerald R. // GPSolo;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p64
The article focuses on the structured settlement annuities (SSAs) arrangements. The SSA arrangements have been used in commercial business transactions. Avoiding adverse tax treatment for the assignments was the drawback of using SSA arrangements for non-qualified cases. Both, deferred and...
- Sterling Heights To Study Assets. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;1/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
Reveals the plans of Sterling Heights General Employees' Retirement System to study its asset allocation in 2003.
- REGIONAL ALLOCATION OF INVESTMENT: THE CONTINUOUS VERSION. Rahman, Anisur // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb66, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p159
Presents a solution for analyzing the problem of regional investment allocation. Mistake that occurred in solving the differential equations.
- Issued Annuities On Structured Settlements Reached $2.91 B For First Half 2002, Report Shows. // Insurance Advocate;8/5/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 29, p21
Announces that the National Structured Settlements Trade Association issued annuities as settlement for physical injury claims. Amount of the issued annuities; Reason for the continued request for structured settlements.
- NSSTA Reports Annuity Premiums For Structured Settlement Injury Awards At $2,995 B In 1st 6 Months. // Insurance Advocate;8/18/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 31, p50
Reports on the National Structured Settlements Trade Association's (NSSTA) announcement of multimillion-dollar annuity premiums for structured settlement injury in the first six months of 2003 in the U.S. Assertion of Steven Boger, president of the NSSTA, on the implication of the continuing...
- Asset allocation crucial to variable-annuity investors. Mundinger, Richard // Inside Tucson Business;3/11/96, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p14
Discusses how the variable annuity works and the importance of correct asset allocation. When a variable annuity works; Avoiding needless risk.
- Cement fund switches to money purchase plan. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;3/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p35
Reports on the redirection of the Cement and Concrete District Council Annuity fund to a member-directed money purchase plan in New York. Plans of the trustees to change asset allocation of the plan; Restrictions based on monetary considerations; Advantages of the money purchase plan.
- Assessing annuity's role in asset allocation plan. Streiff, Thomas // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/6/96, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p18
Analyzes the aim of asset allocation and looks at the role of annuities in asset allocation. Diversification of using variable annuities; Questions if returns can be increased by using variable annuities; Why variable annuities will outperform mutual funds; Difficulty of evaluating fixed...