The Art of Well-Informed Windage
- Harder To Hold On. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p105
Examines the factors that make it difficult for planners to sell asset allocation strategies. Performance of large-cap domestic stocks since 1994; Comments from financial planners; Strategic move made by Christopher Parr of Columbia, Maryland.
- Allocators Anonymous. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p131
States that asset allocation with mutual funds is increasingly becoming a commodity. How this shift affects the investment planning practice; Price as a major differential when selling a commodity.
- Fluctuations without fear. Johnson, Brandt // Financial Planning;Jul98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p69
Focuses on several asset allocation strategies that clients can live with regardless of short-term market fluctuations. Two levels of asset allocation, according to Cynthia Elinoff of CS Elinoff Financial Services; Several asset allocation that financial planners apply to most clients; How Meir...
- Completing the Metamorphosis. Haas, Donald Ray // Advisor Today;Apr2000, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p110
Focuses on the role of financial planners in helping clients with their investment portfolio. Investment categories of asset allocation percentages; Information on the Uniform Prudent Investor Act.
- What Goes Around. Bresiger, Gregory // Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p79
Discusses the strategies for asset allocation. Conditions in which the concept of asset allocation will be hard to sell to investors; Sentiments of financial planners; Factor that influenced the decision of investors on asset allocation.
- Tool Time. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Financial Planning;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p163
Focuses on the importance of statistical tools in the allocation decisions of financial planners. Benefits of financial planners from statistical tools; Definition and use of beta coefficients; Importance of an asset's impact on portfolio.
- How important is asset allocation? Statman, Meir // Journal of Asset Management;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p128
Focuses on the importance of financial advisers, strategic asset allocation, tactical asset allocation, and security allocation. Value of financial advisers; Importance of strategic and tactical asset allocation; Benefits of security selection; Interpretation of Brinson, Hood and Beebower's...
- Weathering client expectations. // Financial Planning;May98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p77
Interviews some fee advisers in the United States concerning their efforts to temper clients' hopes and manage their practices on asset allocation. Information on the occurrence of change in their asset allocation; Classification of funds that do not fit into standard asset class categories;...
- Jacksonville 911 Plots for More Real Estate. Glynn, Christopher // Investment Management Weekly;6/14/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the plan of Jacksonville Fire and Police Pension Fund to increase its real estate allocation in Florida in 2004. Search for a value-added real estate manager; Value of the plan's international equity search.