Upper lobe pulmonary fibrosis associated with high-dose chemotherapy containing BCNU for bone marrow transplantation
- I hear the heartbeat, or things that go bump-bump in the night... Drake, Laurence // Thorax;Dec2014, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p1155
The article presents question and answers related to occurrence of noise during heartbeat in the pneumothorax cavity showing the positive Hamman's sign.
- Fluorouracil/folinic acid/oxaliplatin. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 1563 Issue 1, p107
The article presents a case study of a patient who developed pulmonary fibrosis and pneumothorax following treatment with fluorouracil, folinic acid, and oxaliplatin.
- Fluorouracil/folinic acid/oxaliplatin. // Reactions Weekly;May2015, Vol. 1551 Issue 1, p125
An abstract of the article "Pulmonary fibrosis secondary to FOLFOX chemotherapy: A case report," by W. C. Soon and colleagues is presented.
- Severe interstitial pneumonitis following high-dose cyclophosphamide, thiotepa and docetaxel: two case reports and a review of the literature. Mileshkin, L; Prince, H M; Rischin, D; Zimet, A // Bone Marrow Transplantation;3/1/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p559
The use of high-dose chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer has been an area of recent interest and the role of such treatment in the management of metastatic breast cancer is still to be defined. Multiple studies have suggested that such treatment can be given with minimal morbidity and...
- Outcomes of thoracoscopic management of secondary pneumothorax in patients with COPD and interstitial pulmonary fibrosis. Nakajima, Jun; Takamoto, Shinichi; Murakawa, Tomohiro; Fukami, Takeshi; Yoshida, Yukihiro; Kusakabe, Masashi // Surgical Endoscopy;Jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1536
We retrospectively analyzed the outcomes of surgical treatment for patients with secondary spontaneous pneumothorax. Among consecutive patients with secondary pneumothorax who had undergone surgical treatment from 1993 to 2007, those with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD) and those...
- Use of a Genealogical Database Demonstrates Heritability of Pulmonary Fibrosis. Scholand, Mary; Coon, Hilary; Wolff, Roger; Cannon-Albright, Lisa // Lung;Oct2013, Vol. 191 Issue 5, p475
Background: Pulmonary fibrosis (PF) is a progressive fatal disease of unknown etiology. Identification of risk genes and pathways will enhance our understanding of this disease. Analysis of Utah genealogical resources has shown previously strong evidence for a genetic contribution to other...
- Antineoplastics. // Reactions Weekly;May2014, Vol. 1499 Issue 1, p8
An abstract of the article "Interstitial pneumonia associated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer," by H. Kawajiri and colleagues is presented.
- Severe paraquat poisoning: clinical and radiological findings in a survivor. Neves, F�bio Fernandes; Sousa, Romualdo Barroso; Pazin-Filho, Ant�nio; Cupo, Palmira; J�nior, Jorge Elias; Nogueira-Barbosa, Marcello Henrique // Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia;jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p513
Paraquat is a nonselective contact herbicide of great toxicological importance, being associated with high mortality rates, mainly due to respiratory failure. We report the case of a 22-year-old male admitted to the emergency room with a sore throat, dysphagia, hemoptysis, and retrosternal pain...
- A Unique, Histopathologic Lesion in a Subset of Patients With Spontaneous Pneumothorax. Belchis, Deborah A.; Shekitka, Kris; Gocke, Christopher D. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p1522
Context.-Spontaneous pneumothorax can be idiopathic (primary), or it can occur in association with an underlying predisposing condition (secondary). Spontaneous pneumothorax may be a harbinger of an undiagnosed clinical condition, which may be associated with serious systemicabnormalities,...