Walter Gilbert--1980 Nobel Prize for Chemistry
- Gilbert, Walter (1932 - ). // Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography;2005, p1
U.S. molecular biologist who shared (with Paul
Bergand Frederick Sanger) the 1980 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his work in devising techniques for determining the sequence of bases in DNA. He also isolated the repressor substance...
- Tough competition in Europe. Ward, Mike // Nature;10/24/1996, Vol. 383 Issue 6602, p742
Discusses the state in 1996 of employment for European researchers in molecular biology. The competition for jobs; The emigration of Italian scientists; The efforts by Germany to expand its research; The situation in the United Kingdom; The status of Glaxo Wellcome.
- Thomas Hughes Jukes (1906-99). Maddox, John // Nature;12/2/1999, Vol. 402 Issue 6761, p478
Presents an obituary for California molecular biologist Thomas Hughes Jukes. Cause of death; Place of death; Contributions to the field of molecular biology; Awards received.
- Prologue for Reflections and Perspectives. Taniguchi, Naoyuki // Journal of Biochemistry;Jul2009, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces a series of reports on the work of several biochemists and molecular biologists.
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST. Drevitch, Gary // Careers & Colleges;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p14
Profiles molecular biologist Tracy Cavato. Educational background of Cavato; Salary of molecular biologist; Job fulfillment as molecular biologist.
- Views. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/1/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6457, p1544
Presents views on several medical related issue. Percentage of children infected by schistosomiasis in developing countries; Reasons for a dark sky at night; Expectation of molecular biologist on the completion of human gene atlas.
- Philip Filner, Biologist. Norris, Heather // Baltimore Jewish Times;9/19/2014, Vol. 340 Issue 3, p90
An obituary for retired molecular biologist Philip Filner is presented.
- Abstractions. // Nature;9/29/2005, Vol. 437 Issue 7059, pxv
Profiles molecular biologist Franziska Michor. Educational attainment; Interest of Michor on biology and mathematics; Objectives of the research collaboration between Michor and Martin Nowak, a mathematician from Harvard University.
- A new home for molecular biologists. // Nature;12/11/2003, Vol. 426 Issue 6967, p589
Reports on the launched of the journal "Nature Structural & Molecular Biology" for molecular biologists. Impact factor of the journal's predecessor "Nature Structural Biology"; Articles in the journal's launch issue; Number of pages in the journal and editors on its staff.