Effectiveness of Radiotherapy for Osteosarcoma That Responds to Chemotherapy
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Local Radiotherapy for High-Grade Osteosarcoma of the Extremities. Machak, Gennady N.; Tkachev, Sergey I.; Solovyev, Yuriy N.; Sinyukov, Pavel A.; Ivanov, Stanislav M.; Kochergina, Natalya V.; Rykov, Alexey D.; Tepliakov, Valery V.; Bokhian, Benjamin Y.; Glebovskaya, Valeria V. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Feb2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p147
Determines the effectiveness of radiation therapy for local control of nonmetastatic osteosarcoma of the extremities after induction chemotherapy. Finding that radiation therapy can be a reliable modality to control local disease and preserve limb function when used after effective induction...
- Osteosarcoma of the larynx. Sawicki, Piotr; Każmierczak, Wojciech; Szylberg, Łukasz; Marszałek, Andrzej // Contemporary Oncology / Wspolczesna Onkologia;2015, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p246
Malignant neoplasms of the larynx are divided into epithelial and non-epithelial. Non-epithelial neoplasms include, among others, mesenchymal chondrosarcomas and osteosarcomas. Few cases of laryngeal osteosarcomas described in the literature were usually treated by surgery without the need to...
- Osteosarcomas of the mandible: multidisciplinary management of a rare tumor of the young adult a cooperative study of the GSF-GETO, Rare Cancer Network, GETTEC/REFCOR and SFCEâ€ . Thariat, J.; Schouman, T.; Brouchet, A.; Sarini, J.; Miller, R. C.; Reychler, H.; Ray-Coquard, I.; Italiano, A.; Verite, C.; Sohawon, S.; Bompas, E.; Dassonville, O.; Salas, S.; Aldabbagh, K.; Maingon, P.; de La MotteRouge, T.; Kurtz, J. E.; Usseglio, J.; Kerbrat, P.; Raoul, G. // Annals of Oncology;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p824
Background Mandibular osteosarcomas (MOS) mostly affect young adults. Their treatment is extrapolated from that of extragnathic osteosarcomas. Material and methods A retrospective multicooperative group study was conducted to determine the impact of chemotherapy, adjuvant radiation therapy and...
- Meningeal chondroblastic osteosarcoma: case report and review of the literature. Romeo, Emilie; Gisserot, Olivier; Jaureguiberry, Jean-Pierre; Desse, Nicolas; Souraud, Jean-Baptiste; Salem, Naji; Faivre, Anthony; Bouvier, Corinne; Bertucci, François // Journal of Neuro-Oncology;Nov2010, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p305
Primary meningeal osteosarcomas are exceedingly rare. We report a case of a 51-year-old man with a chondroblastic osteosarcoma treated with pre-operative embolization, surgical removal, followed by adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Patient is alive without any recurrence 43 months...
- Osteosarcoma. Sweetnam, Rodney // British Medical Journal;9/1/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6189, p536
Examines the effectiveness of amputation and radiotherapy on the treatment of osteosarcoma in Great Britain. Unpleasant effects of irradiation; Recurrence of local post-irradiation with pathological fractures; Difficulty of explaining to parents on the importance of amputation.
- MUSCULOSKELETAL IMAGES. MIGRATION OF THE PATELLAR COMPONENT CAUSING POPLITEAL ARTERY OCCLUSION. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p252
Presents the case of a man with a displaced patellar component due to osteosarcoma resulting to popliteal artery occlusion. Extent of the disease; Treatment with vascular bypass and removal of the patellar component; Complications of patellar resurfacing; Rare vascular complications; Survival...
- Ganglioside GD2 potential target in osteosarcoma. Southall, Jennifer; Thiel, Bruce; Todak, Alexandra // Hem/Onc Today;3/25/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses a study by M. Roth and colleagues published in a 2013 issue of "Cancer" concerning the potential of ganglioside GD2 as a target for antibody-mediated therapy for patients with osteosarcoma.
- Mifamurtide cost effective for osteosarcoma in the UK. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Jan2014, Issue 694, p9
The article discusses research being done on the cost-effectiveness of mifamurtide for osteosarcoma, which references a study by S. Johal et al. published in the December 2013 issue of "Value in Health."
- Erratum to: Arthroscopic removal of intra-articular osteoid osteoma in the knee: case report and review of the literature. Furukawa, Mitsuru; Anazawa, Ukei; Horiuchi, Keisuke; Yabe, Hiroo; Morioka, Hideo; Mukai, Makio; Toyoda, Takashi; Chiba, Kazuhiro; Morii, Takeshi; Shiraishi, Tateru; Toyama, Yoshiaki // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Jul2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p487
A correction to the article "Arthroscopic Removal of Intra-Articular Osteoid Osteoma in the Knee: Case Report and Review of the literature," by Mitsuru Furukawa and colleagues, published in the July 2011 issue.