Mixed Media With Glass by Therman Statom
- THERMAN STATOM: INSTALLING SPACE. Kangas, Matthew // Craft & Concept: The Rematerialization of the Art Object;2006, p213
The article focuses on Therman Statom's installations using glass. It notes that the development of more than a dozen separate installations between 1980 and the present constitutes the most significant art of Statom, and these installations provide a way to freedom of expression. According to...
- Therman Statom: Installing Spaces. Kangas, Matthew // Glass Quarterly;Winter96, Issue 65, p28
The article focuses on Therman Statom as a glass artist. Statom is one of the most significant American experimental glass artist whose museum, gallery, and contemporary art-space contain installations using glass. His installations are compressed and confined into unique objects which...
- Thinking Outside the Studio. Casey, Carol // American Craft;Apr/May2015, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Art Restoration," which was featured in the February/March 2015 issue of the periodical "American Craft" and focused upon the life and work of the contemporary glass artist Therman Statom.
- Therman Statom and the Art Alliance for Contemporary Glass to Be Honored at the 2008 UrbanGlass Gala: Auction, Awards, Glassblowers Ball. // Glass Quarterly;Winter2007/2008, Issue 109, p63
The article offers informations on the 2008 Urban Glass: Auction, Awards and Glassblowers Ball. It infers that the said event which is chaired by UrbanGlass board members Beth Canavan, Deborah Czeresko and Thomas Volpe, will be taking place at Pier 60, Chelsea piers in New York City, New York on...
- Stolen Moments. Drury, John // Glass Quarterly;Spring2008, Issue 110, p40
The article profiles glass artist Therman Statom. He realized the potential of a group working together when 13-foot sheets of plate glass were two feet long to fit into the service elevator of the museum and he had to lead an impromptu glass-cutting session in the museum's underground parking...
- "Outside the Box". Yood, James // Glass Quarterly;Summer2010, Issue 119, p45
The article reviews the exhibition "Outside the Box" at the Racine Art Museum in Wisconsin from August 2, 2009 to July 25, 2010.
- Littleton Lecture to Debut at the 2015 Glass Art Society Conference. MA-LUONGO, EMILY // Glass Quarterly;Summer2015, Issue 139, p11
The article offers information on the Harvey Littleton lecture to be presented by Therman Statom at the Glass Art Society conference in San Jose, California from June 7-9, 2015 with the theme "Interface: Glass, Art, and Technology."
- Therman Statom. DRURY, JOHN // Glass Quarterly;Fall2011, Issue 124, p57
The article reviews an exhibition by glass artist Therman Statom at the Duane Reed Gallery in St. Louis, Missouri from March 11 to June 11, 2011.
- Some Assembly Required. Kangas, Matthew // Glass Quarterly;Spring2003, Issue 90, p52
The article focuses on various artists who have pioneered the integration of other materials into glass art in Tacoma, Washington. Accordingly, these artists shares their credit for making sculpture using glass that requires some assembly. Richard Marquis and Therman Statom have both created a...