A REVIEW OF HOW WELL ENDOSCOPY UNITS ARE EQUIPPED
- TYPE I BILIARY DYSKINESIA: MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ETIOLOGY. Lawson, J. Mark // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1994, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1912
Discusses research being done on clinical and manometric profile of type I sphincter of Oddi patients. Reference to a study by P. Rolny et al published in a 1993 issue of "Gastrointestinal Endoscopy"; Examples of Oddi dysfunction; Method used to evaluate the patient in the study.
- SÃntomas, hallazgos radiolÃ³gicos, endoscÃ³picos y estudios funcionales del esÃ³fago en pacientes con hernia hiatal mayor a 5 cm. ATTILA CSENDES, J.; ITALO BRAGHETTO, M.; ANA MARÍA BURGOS, L.; ANA HENRÍQUEZ, T.M.D. // Revista Chilena de Cirugia;Oct2013, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p402
Background: The finding of a hiatal hernia is usual during upper gastrointestinal endoscopies. However the correlation of symptoms, manometric and radiological findings with the endoscopy report is far from clear. Aim: To assess radiological findings, 24 pH measurements, esophageal manometry and...
- Incidental findings of thickening luminal gastrointestinal organs on computed tomography: an absolute indication for endoscopy. Cai, Qiang; Baumgarten, Deborah A.; Affronti, John P.; Waring, J. Patrick // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2003, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p1734
: ObjectiveIncidental findings of thickened luminal GI organs (LGIO) on CT are not uncommon. However, the significance of these findings is unclear. Because of the lack of scientific data, there are no clinical guidelines for the evaluation of these radiologic abnormalities. Our objective was to...
- AGE THRESHOLD FOR ENDOSCOPY AND RISK OF MISSING UPPER GI MALIGNANCY: DATA FROM THE SCOTTISH AUDIT OF GASTRIC AND OESOPHAGEAL CANCER. Salmon, C.A.; Park, K.G.M.; Rapson, T.; Phull, P.S. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA26
Introduction: BSG suggest that it may be possible to increase the age threshold for endoscopy from 45 to 55 years in patients with uncomplicated dyspepsia. Patients with 'alarm' symptoms would still undergo an urgent endoscopy. However, there is only limited evidence quantifying the risk of...
- OUTPATIENT ENDOSCOPY FOR PATIENTS PRESENTING WITH MINOR UPPER GI BLEEDING. Mulholland, G.; Forrest, J.A.H. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA26
Introduction and Aim: Acute upper Gl bleeding (UGIB) accounts for approximately 8% of acute medical admissions and such patients are routinely admitted for observation and diagnostic endoscopy. This study aimed to assess the safety and outcome of rapid access outpatient endoscopy for patients...
- IS MANOMETRY USEFUL IN DYSPEPSIA? Noor, N.; Campbell, F. C. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1999, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p3
Comments on a study which investigated the usefulness of manometry in diagnosing dyspepsia. Symptoms of dyspepsia; Differences in assessments of gastrointestinal contraction patterns between patients and healthy volunteers; Role of gastrointestinal dysmotility in dyspepsia.
- An experimental method to identify neurogenic and myogenic active mechanical states of intestinal motility. Costa, Marcello; Wiklendt, Lukasz; Arkwright, John W.; Spencer, Nicholas J.; Omari, Taher; Brookes, Simon J. H.; Dinning, Phil G. // Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience;Apr2013, Vol. 7, p1
Excitatory and inhibitory enteric neural input to intestinal muscle acting on ongoing myogenic activity determines the rich repertoire of motor patterns involved in digestive function. The enteric neural activity cannot yet be established during movement of intact intestine in vivo or in vitro....
- 'See One, HAVE One, Do One, Teach One' Sherman, Frederick T. // Geriatrics;Jul2002, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p3
Editorial. Presents an article about a physician who underwent an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. Influence of the surgery on the physician's practice; Details of the surgery.
- Retooling operational processes saves endoscopy unit more than $240,000/yr. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses the improvements in the gastrointestinal (GI) and pulmonary endoscopy procedure unit at Florida Hospital of Orlando, the main campus of the Florida Hospital System. Abel Biri of the Florida Hospital's Digestive Health Center was given an oversight of the unit after it...