RISK OF HEPATITIS C VIRUS (HCV) TRANSMISSION FROM PATIENTS TO SURGEONS: MODEL BASED ON AN UNLINKED ANONYMOUS STUDY OF HCV PREVALENCE IN HOSPITAL PATIENTS IN GLASGOW
- Hepatitis C increased risks for cerebrovascular-related death. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses research being done on the role of hepatitis C in increasing the risk for cerebrovascular-related death, referencing a study by M. Lee, published in a 2010 issue of "Stroke."
- Chronic HCV Infection May Contribute to 'Heroin Nephropathy.'. // Kidney;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p150
Tests the hypothesis that chronic hepatitis c virus (HCV) infection may contribute to heroin nephropathy. Occurrence of HCV infection in the setting of focal segmental glomerular sclerosis (FSGS); Prevalence of HCV infection among patients with idiopathic FSGS and a history of drug abuse.
- Risk - Complications and Comorbidities. // Current Medical Literature: Diabetes;2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p23
This article provides commentaries on several papers on the complications of diabetes. The first paper analyzes the prevalence and risk factors for coeliac disease among children and adolescents with diabetes. The second paper discusses the role of diabetes in the enhancement of...
- Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Different Population Groups in Southern Italy. Montella, M.; Crispo, A.; Grimaldi, M.; Angeletti, C.; Amore, A.; Ronga, D.; Sabbatici, M.; Pisani, A.; Spiteri, D.; Serraino, D. // Infection;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p9
Background: A cross-sectional. investigation was carried out between 2000 and 2002 to assess the prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection (HCV) in Naples, southern Italy. Patients and Methods: Five groups of individuals were investigated, two at low risk and three at high risk for HCV...
- Hepatitis C in Intravenous Drug Users: Seroprevalence and Risk Factors. Ataei, Behrooz; Babak, Anahita; Yaran, Majid; Kassaian, Nazila; Nokhodian, Zari; Meshkati, Marjan; Adibi, Peyman // Journal of Isfahan Medical School;3/28/2011 Supplement, Vol. 28, p1
Background: Hepatitis C, as a major public health problem, has serious complications and intravenous drug users are the most high risk group for it. This study was performed to determine hepatitis C seroepidemiolgy and related risk factors among intravenous drug users in Isfahan province....
- Simple questions could spot hep C. // Pulse;10/8/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 39, p17
Reports on the opportunity of the general practitioners to identify patients most at risk of hepatitis C by asking them to fill a simple questionnaire in Great Britain.
- HIV and hepatitis C co-infection: can we avert another epidemic in Australia by acting fast? Pieper, David // HIV Australia;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
The article presents information on the risk of increasing sexually transmitted cases of hepatitis C (HCV) among HI V-positive gay men in Australia. It is stated that in Australia the disease mainly occurs through the sharing of equipment used for injecting drugs like needles and tourniquets....
- Risk Factors Associated With Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection: Limited Frequency of an Unidentified Source of Transmission. Flamm, Steven L.; Parker, Robert A.; Chopra, Sanjiv // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1998, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p597
Objectives: Risk factors have been studied in patients with acute non-A, non-B hepatitis, and approximately 40-50% have no known risk factor for viral acquisition. A significant undefined source of viral transmission has been suggested. We sought to clearly delineate the risk factors in a...
- Most common HCV genotypes in patients from north-eastern Croatia. Perić, Magdalena; Bošnjak, Zinka; Džijan, Snježana; Šarkanj, Bojan; Barbić, Jerko; Roksandić Križan, Ivana; Ružman, Nataša; Bertić, Vedran; Vuković, Dubravka // Acta Medica Academica;May2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p10
Objective. The aims of this study were to determine the HCV-RNA viral load, genotype distribution, risk factors and symptoms of HCVRNA positive viral load in HCV antibody-positive patients from north-eastern Croatia. Materials and methods. From January 2009 to December 2011, 203 HCV antibody-...