FATTY LIVER IN A FEMALE BANGLADESHI POPULATION: A MANIFESTATION OF INSULIN RESISTANCE?
- THE trouble WITH FAT. // National Geographic;Aug2004, Vol. 206 Issue 2, p54
Presents several magnetic resonance images of two women -- one overweight and one of healthy weight -- to illustrate the deleterious effects of fat on the body's organs. Liver disease; Stroke; Type 2 diabetes; Colon cancer; Osteoarthritis; Heart disease.
- FDA advisory committee weighs in on troglitazone controversy. Lucas, Beverly D. // Patient Care;6/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p15
Reports that the benefits of using troglitazone outweigh the risks for appropriately selected and monitored patients with type two diabetes. Potential for serious liver damage; Calls for the drug's removal from the market; Re-examination of the drug's labeling; Education of providers and...
- Prolonged Corrected QT Interval Is Associated With Acute and Chronic Hyperinsulinemia in Nondiabetic Subjects. Laitinen, Tomi; Vauhkonen, Ilkka; Niskanen, Leo; Hartikainen, Juha; Uusitupa, Matti; Laakso, Markku // Diabetes Care;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2480
Reports that in type 2 diabetic patients intensive insulin treatment during acute coronary syndrome is associated with decreased QT dispersion. Association between prolonged corrected QT interval and acute and chronic hyperinsulinemia; Possibility of improving prognosis of diabetic patients...
- Early use of insulin in Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Stoneking, Kent // Drug Topics;Oct2002 Supplement, Vol. 146 Issue 19, p37
Examines the early use of insulin in Type 2 diabetes mellitus in the U.S. Increase of the rate of obesity and sedentary lifestyle; Consideration of the primary risk factor for heart disease; Natural history of Type 2 diabetes.
- INTERNAL MEDICINE NEWSBRIEFS. // DukeMedicine HealthNews;Mar2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on a new research that shows loneliness as a chronic stressor that produces inflammation-related protein associated to a number of harmful conditions including heart disease, type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer's disease.
- Happy brew year! // Better Homes & Gardens;Jan2012, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p97
The article discusses the benefits of drinking coffee including protection against heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some cancers.
- Relationship between plasma glucose concentrations and Native Hawaiian Ancestry: The Native Hawaiian Health Research Project. Grandinetti, A.; Keawe'aimoku Kaholokula, J.; Chang, H.K.; Chen, R.; Rodriguez, B.L.; Melish, J.S.; Curb, J.D. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Jun2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p778
Investigates the relationship between fasting glucose and 2h glucose with percentage of Hawaiian ancestry and ethnic admixture. Cross-sectional epidemiological study of type 2 diabetes and heart disease risk factor prevalence among native Hawaiians; Relationship between ancestry and glucose...
- Biologic and Quality-of-Life Outcomes From the Mediterranean Lifestyle Program. Toobert, Deborah J.; Glasgow, Russell E.; Strycker, Lisa A.; Barrera Jr., Manuel; Radcliffe, Janice L.; Wander, Rosemary C.; Bagdade, John D. // Diabetes Care;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2288
OBJECTIVE â€” Few multiple lifestyle behavior change programs have been designed to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes. This study tested the effectiveness of the Mediterranean Lifestyle Program (MLP), a comprehensive lifestyle...
- EFFECT OF SHENGMAI INJECTION (SMI) ON BLOOD VASCULAR ENDODERMIS FUNCTION AND CARDIAC FUNCTION IN CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES PATIENTS. // Heart;Oct2010, pA143
An abstract of the article "Effect of Shengmai Injection (SMI) on Blood Vascular Endodermis Function and Cardiac Function in Coronary Artery Disease With Type 2 Diabetes Patients" by Zhang Yachen, Chen Man-Tian, Wang Fei, Rong Yezhi, and Lu Baojing is presented.