EFFECTS OF BACTERIAL ENTEROTOXINS ON DISTANT (NEUROGENIC) INTESTINAL FLUID AND ELECTROLYTE TRANSPORT
- UNDER EVALUATED ROTAVIRUS INFECTION IN ROMANIA, PROSPECTIVE CLINICAL AND EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY. THERAPEUTIC AND ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS. BÎRLUŢIU, VICTORIA; RAREŞ MIRCEA BÎRLUŢIU // Acta Medica Transilvanica;mar2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p154
We aimed at conducting a prospective and observational study of cases with rotavirus gastroenteritis admitted between 1 January 2011-31 December 2012 at the Infectious Diseases and Pediatric Departments from Sibiu, the patients being aged 0-16 years old. We followed the seasonality, the clinical...
- Are local guidelines on investigations in children admitted with acute gastroenteritis being adhered to? Galea, Francesca; Agius, Marija; Mifsud, Stephanie; Pace, David // Malta Medical Journal;2015, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p11
Aim: To assess adherence to local guidelines on the investigation of children admitted with acute gastroenteritis. Method: Children admitted to Mater Dei Hospital with a diagnosis of gastroenteritis between December 2012 and February 2013 were selected. Their investigations were retrospectively...
- Vagotomy and pyloric dilation in chronic duodenal ulceration. Thomson, J.D.; Galloway, J.B.W. // British Medical Journal;6/2/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6176, p1453
Examines the effectiveness of truncal vagotomy and pyloric dilation in chronic duodenal ulceration. Rate of incidence of recurrent ulceration; Treatment of the patients with proximal gastric vagotomy; Classification of the patients as Visick grades I plus II.
- Proximal gastric vagotomy, fundoplication, and lesser-curve necrosis. Kennedy, T.; Magill, P.; Johnston, G.W.; Parks, T.G. // British Medical Journal;6/2/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6176, p1455
Examines the proximal gastric vagotomy, fundoplication and lesser-curve necrosis (LCN). Survival of patients after the operation; Occurrence of LCN in a patient with experience in splenectomy; Aggravation of vascular factors due to postoperative gastric distension with gas.
- Thoracoscopic vagotomy as a safe adjunct to remedial... Schuricht, Alan L.; Gowen, George F. // American Surgeon;Jun1997, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p540
Presents the case of three patients requiring gastrectomy or resection of a marginal ulcer which have undergone thoracoscopic vagotomy at the time of transabdominal gastric surgery. Operative technique used for studying the three patients; Results of the study; Discussion and conclusion.
- Late mortality after vagotomy and drainage for duodenal ulcer. Watt, P.C.H.; Patterson, C.C.; Kennedy, T.L. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/5/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6427, p1335
Investigates late mortality after vagotomy and drainage for duodenal ulcer. Cause of mortality; Number of deaths expected; Comparison with the expected survival curve.
- When vagotomy fails. Gillespie, Iain E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/19/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6332, p1815
Examines the impact of vagotomy operation on chronic duodenal ulcer. Symptoms of chronic duodenal ulcer; Correlation between of acid secretory and insulin hypoglycemia; Determination of the rapid passage of a hyperosmolar load into the upper small intestine.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Hopton, D.S.; Silverman, M.; Heaton-Ward, W.A.; Todd, J.; Howie, P.W.; Crofton, J.W.; Ransley, P.G.; Sonksen, P.H.; Burton, M.; Ree, G.H.; Sargeaunt, P.G.; Marriott, P.F.; Boulton, T.B.; Sewell, J.R.; Griffin, J.L.; Payne, R.B.; Webster, D.; Kekki, P. // British Medical Journal;1/17/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6002, p149
Presents various letters regarding medicine related topics as of January 1976. Advantages of highly selective vagotomy; Evaluation of long-stay mental hospital population; Importance of selective conduction of labor.
- Cyclospora outbreak in US. Charatan, Fred B. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/13/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7049, p71
Reports on an outbreak of cyclospora gastroenteritis in the United States. Locations of the outbreak; Incubation period between infection and the onset of symptoms; Association of strawberries and raspberries to the outbreak; Case control study on the outbreak.