B12 DEFICIENCYâ€”AN AUDIT OF CURRENT PRACTICE
- are you running low on B-12? Gottlieb, Bill // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p86
Discusses the increase in the number of people in the United States with vitamin B-12 deficiency. Sources of vitamin B-12; Effects of low levels of vitamin B-12; Symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency.
- SYMPTOMS OF B[sub12] DEFICIENCY. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2002, p33
Discusses symptoms of vitamin B[sub12] deficiency. Subgroups of vegans at risk of vitamin [sub12] deficiency; Typical symptoms in adults; Symptoms in infants.
- VEGETARIANS MAY NOT BE GETTING ENOUGH VITAMIN B[sub12]. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2003, p10
Focuses on the lack of vitamin B12 in the diet of vegetarians.
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency. Oh, Robert C.; Brown, David L. // American Family Physician;3/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p979
Provides information on Vitamin B[sub12] deficiency. Diagnosis of the deficiency; Clinical manifestations; Normal absorption of Vitamin B[sub12].
- A Qualitative Platelet in Severe Vitamin B12 Deficiency. Levine, Peter H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr73, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p533
Presents a study of platelet function in severe vitamin B[sub12] deficiency. Materials and methods used in the study; Clinical evidence for a qualitative defect of platelets in pernicious anemia; Causes of acquired platelet function defect.
- Why was she so foggy? Bailey, Janet // Good Housekeeping;May2005, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p61
Focuses on the link between memory loss and vitamin B12 deficiency. Sources of vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B12 and Folate Deficiencies and Hyperhomocysteinemia in Elderly. Alshatwi, Ali A. // Journal of Medical Sciences;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p402
The object of this study was to evaluate the levels of homocysteine (Hcy) and to evaluate the status of vitamin B12 and folate in elderly males living in the Riyadh city. Notably 34.1 and 88.6% of subjects had vitamin B12 and folate intakes below the DRI, respectively. Mean serum vitamin B12 was...
- Vitamin B12 deficiency presenting as oedema in infants of vegetarian mothers. Reghu, Anjana; Hosdurga, Saraswati; Sandhu, Bhupinder; Spray, Christine // European Journal of Pediatrics;Apr2005, Vol. 164 Issue 4, p257
Presents information on medical cases of nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in infants. Case reports of the infants; Results of the blood analysis; Causes of infantile vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Causes and Early Diagnosis of Vitamin B12 Deficiency: In reply. Herrmann, Wolfgang; Rima, Obeid // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;4/24/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p8
The article presents the authors' response to the criticism made to their article on causes and early diagnosis of Vitamin B12 deficiency, published in the previous issue of the journal. The authors insist that they can confirm that a false positive B12 concentration is often observed since the...