GERMLINE MUTATIONS IN THE BASE EXCISION REPAIR GENE MYHâ€”A NEW POLYPOSIS DISORDER
- Despite Our Best Efforts, Rate of Recurrence Of Colorectal Polyps Is High. // RN;May2003, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the high rate of recurrence of colorectal polyps. Average duration of the recurrences.
- New guidelines on colorectal polyps. // Patient Care;2/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the American College of Gastroenterology's (ACG) issuance of guidelines for the management of colorectal polyps. Need for follow-up colonoscopy for patients who have had premalignant polyps removed; Polyps base; Types of polyps.
- Colonic polyps in children: Frequently multiple and recurrent. Pillai, R.B.; Tolia, V. // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr1998, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p253
Presents a retrospective chart review on children and adolescents afflicted with colorectal polyps. Symptoms, demographic data and pathologic diagnosis; Symptoms including rectal bleeding, diarrhea and vomiting; Importance of performing colonoscopic evaluation on patients with suspected polyps.
- DDF symposium: "bowel cancer screening". // Gut;Jul2012 Supplement, Vol. 61, pA67
An abstract of the article "Analysis of Colorectal Polyps Detected in the English NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme with Emphasis on Advanced Adenoma and Polyp Cancer Detected," by D. Majumdar and colleagues is presented.
- Problems with the Monitoring of Patients with Colonic Polyps. Toth, Csongor; Ifrim, Mircea; Hategan, Ovidiu; Precup, Cris; Zsolt, Gyori; Bulzan, Ovidiu // Medicina Moderna;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p231
This paper is a retrospective statistical study, carried out for the period 1 January 2010-31 December 2014.This study includes the monitoring of patients recorded with colonic polyps, within the area of 4 family physician practices, 2 in the rural area and 2 in the urban area. Patient files and...
- Low-dose aspirin protects against recurrent colon polyps. // Geriatrics;Jul2002, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on a study which examined the efficacy of low-dose baby aspirin in reducing the risk of developing recurrent colon polyps. Information on the study population; Physiological impact of aspirin.
- Juvenile Polyp and Colonoscopic Polypectomy in Childhood. Byung Gee Lee; Sung Hyun Shin; Young Ah Lee; Joo Hee Wi; Yeoun Joo Lee; Jae Hong Park // Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition;Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p250
Purpose: This study aimed to evaluate the clinical features of juvenile polyp and the usefulness of polypectomy with entire colonoscopy in children. Methods: We retrospectively reviewed the medical records of 83 children who were diagnosed with having juvenile polyps. Results: The mean age of...
- The Isolated Polyp in Ulcerative Colitis. Ruoff, Michael; Lindner, Arthur E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1971, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p471
Describes the management of an ulcerative colitis patient by colotomy and polypectomy. Background on the patient; Result of the pathologic examination of the polyp; Projections observed from the mucosal surface in ulcerative colitis.
- Finger Clubbing in Gastrointestinal Polyposis. Lysy, Josef; Zimmerman, Josef // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1990, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p106
Reports on two patients with colonic polyposis and without arteriovenous malformations in whom there was marked digital clubbing. Findings from the physical examination of the patients; Overview of the probable causes of clubbing; Factors that may be involved in the association between clubbing...