SIGNIFICANCE OF ANXIETY IN IBS OUTPATIENTS: RELATION TO BOWEL SYMPTOMS AND FINAL DIAGNOSIS
- The utility of diagnostic tests in irritable bowel syndrome patients: a systematic review. Cash, Brooks D.; Schoenfeld, Philip; Chey, William D. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2002, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p2812
OBJECTIVE:The aim of this study was to determine the pretest probability of organic GI disease and the accuracy of diagnostic tests for organic GI disease in patients who meet symptom-based criteria for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).METHODS:After a comprehensive literature search for studies...
- Irritable bowel syndrome. Dhami, Sangeeta; Sheikh, Aziz // GP: General Practitioner;4/15/2002, p63
Examines the diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome. Definition of the syndrome; Epidemiology of the illness; Clinical features; Treatment.
- IBS too often viewed as a minor illness. Gearry, Richard; Chalmers-Watson, Teresa; Wall, Catherine // New Zealand Doctor;2/13/2013, p21
The article offers information on Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) commonly found in women for which its diagnoses is uncertain due to its dependency on the symptom chronicity and relapsing character, and also mentions the outcomes of studies on IBS.
- Diet Spells R-E-L-l-E-F from IBS. Palmer, Sharon // Environmental Nutrition;Oct2011, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p1
The article offers information on the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It says that abdominal pain, constipation and diarrhea are some of the common symptoms experienced by IBS patients. The diagnosis of the disease is based on recurrent abdominal pain and...
- Irritable bowel syndrome in adults in primary care: summary of updated NICE guidance. Hookway, Cheryl; Buckner, Sara; Crosland, Paul; Longson, Damien // BMJ: British Medical Journal;2/28/2015, Vol. 350 Issue 7997, ph701
The article discusses the guidelines released by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) for addressing irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in adults in primary care. Topics covered include recommendations for performing initial assessment and diagnostic tests, dietary and...
- Diagnosis and management of irritable bowel syndrome. Kochhar, Suneeta // Independent Nurse;10/5/2015, p32
No abstract available.
- Diagnosing the Patient with Abdominal Pain and Altered Bowel Habits: Is It Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Holten, Keith B.; Wetherington, Anthony; Bankston, Laurie // American Family Physician;5/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p2157
Focuses on diagnosing a patient with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Epidemiology; Signs and symptoms; Factors associated with IBS.
- Management of irritable bowel syndrome. Brown, Harry // Independent Nurse;10/18/2010, p1
The article presents information related to the diagnosis and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a disorder of the gastrointestinal function. It is sated that bowel function in all people is affected by psychological and emotional stress. It is mentioned that some symptoms of IBS could...
- Irritable Bowel Syndromeâ€”The Main Recommendations. Andresen, Viola; Keller, Jutta; Pehl, Christian; Schemann, Michael; Preiss, Jan; Layer, Peter // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;11/4/2011, Vol. 108 Issue 44, p751
Background: Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by chronic abdominal symptoms and irregular bowel movements without any cause than can be revealed by routine diagnostic assessment. In recent years, its patho - physiology has come to be much better understood, and new therapeutic approaches...