EFFECT OF RED WINE, MINOR CONSTITUENTS, AND ALCOHOL ON THE GASTRIC EMPTYING AND THE METABOLIC EFFECTS OF A SOLID DIGESTIBLE MEAL
- GRAPE EXPECTATIONS. Knight, Mike; Valainis, E. Anthony // Indianapolis Monthly;Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p88
Presents the search of Tony Fese and Jeff Epler, Indianapolis, Indiana wine aficionados for the finest foreign and domestic wines. Comments from Fese and Epler about wines, particularly the wine selection in Indianapolis; Comments on the effects of Indiana's alcohol laws; Comments on some of...
- WINE SPOTLIGHT. // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2010, Issue 129, p44
The article features the 2010 Gemtree Moonstone Savagnin wine.
- Reserving judgment: Variety is the spice of life when it comes to fine wine. Ewing-Mulligan, Mary; McCarthy, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p44
Focuses on the 1998 Chateau La Nerthe Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc wine. Taste description of the wine; Fine wine variety; Blending of wine to enhance quality.
- Rules of value. OLSON, STEVEN // Restaurant Business;Feb99, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p82
Features four wines. Brampton Sauvignon Blanc 1997 Rustenberg; Evolution No. 9 1997 Sokol Blosser Winery; Old Vines Grenache Shiraz 1996 Hill of Content; Terra D'Oro Zinfandel 1995 Montevina.
- Conquistadores. Olson, Steven // Restaurant Business;06/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p98
Recommends several Spanish wines ideal for serving in restaurants in the United States. Includes Marques De Alella Clasico 1997; Burgans Albarino 1998; Vina Mayor Reserva 1995. INSET: Speaking Spanish.
- Big Reds. Antrim, Taylor // Ski;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p138
Compares the taste and availability of zinfandel and petite sirah red wine. INSET: TASTINGS.
- Sour Grapes. Mackay, Jordan // Texas Monthly;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p118
Reports on the efforts of Texas winemakers to produce quality wines. Best winemaking school in the United States; Remarks from Jim Johnson, owner of Alamosa Wine Cellars; Obstacles faced by winemakers from the state.
- Sippable Signatures. // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug99, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p74
Provides information on signature drinks served at Tequila Bar of El San Juan Hotel and Casino in Puerto Rico. Margarita; Martini; Cost of the drinks.
- Top Ten Red Wines Under $10. O'Kennard, Jerald // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2008, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p55
The article lists the top ten red wines under $10 which includes Unus (Spain) 2006 Syrah, Calatayud, Toutalga (Portugal) 2004 Tito, Alentejano, and Udaca (Portugal) 2000 Corheita, Dao.