PROPHYLACTIC PANCREATIC DUCT STENTING IN PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION BUT NORMAL SPHINCTER OF ODDI MANOMETRY
- ROLE OF HEPATOBILIARY SCINTIGRAPHY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION. Seward, E.W.; Guinane, M.J.; Khela, M.K.; Yazaki, E.; Evans, D.F.; Ainley, C.A. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA85
Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD) is a cause of postcholecystectomy pain. Current gold-standard diagnosis is by measurement of basal pressure by sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOM), and if elevated an endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) is performed. Both these procedures carry significant...
- CHRONIC PANCREATITIS AND THE SPHINCTER OF ODDI: WHICH IS THE NUMERATOR AND WHICH THE DENOMINATOR? Lebovics, Edward; Heier, Stephen K.; Rosenthal, William S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1988, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p854
Introduces a series of articles related to chronic pancreatitis and the sphincter of Oddi.
- Outcome of Surgical Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis Associated with Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction. Rios, Gloria A.; Adams, David B. // American Surgeon;May2001, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p462
The clinical management of patients with chronic pancreatitis (CP) associated with sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD) presents many challenges. The aim of this study was to evaluate patient outcome after surgical management of CP associated with SOD intractable to medical management. The...
- Serum amylase, pancreatic stenting, and pancreatitis after sphincter of Oddi manometry. Sheehan, Sean; Lee, Jeffrey H; Wells, Carolyn K; Topazian, Mark // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS68
An abstract to the article "Serum Amylase, Pancreatic Stenting, and Pancreatitis After Sphincter of Oddi Manometry," by Sean Sheehan, Jeffrey H. Lee, Carolyn K. Wells, and Mark Topazian is presented.
- Scintigraphy versus manometry in patients with suspected biliary sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. Craig, A.G.; Peter, D.; Saccone, G.T.P.; Ziesing, P.; Wycherley, A.; Toouli, T. // Gut;Mar2003, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p352
Introduction: Sphincter of Oddi (SO) manometry is at present the "gold standard" investigation for patients with suspected biliary SO dysfunction. Non-invasive scintigraphy in cholecystectomised patients using a complex scoring system or the transit time from the hepatic hilum to the duodenum...
- Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction: How Is It Diagnosed? How Is It Classified? How Do We Treat It Medically, Endoscopically, and Surgically? Nakeeb, Attila // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Sep2013, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1557
No abstract available.
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry using guide-wire-type manometer is feasible for examination of sphincter of Oddi motility. Kakuyama, Saori; Nobutani, Kentaro; Masuda, Atsuhiro; Shiomi, Hideyuki; Sanuki, Tsuyoshi; Sugimoto, Maki; Yoshida, Masaru; Arisaka, Yoshifumi; Fujita, Tsuyoshi; Hayakumo, Takanobu; Azuma, Takeshi; Kutsumi, Hiromu // Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p1144
Background: Sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOM) is recognized as the standard diagnostic modality for sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD). However, SOM is not commonly performed because of its technical difficulty and the high incidence of post-procedural pancreatitis. To diminish post-procedural...
- TYPE I BILIARY DYSKINESIA: MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ETIOLOGY. Lawson, J. Mark // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1994, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1912
Discusses research being done on clinical and manometric profile of type I sphincter of Oddi patients. Reference to a study by P. Rolny et al published in a 1993 issue of "Gastrointestinal Endoscopy"; Examples of Oddi dysfunction; Method used to evaluate the patient in the study.
- Motor Pattern of the Sphincter of Oddi in Patients with Bilioenteric Shunt: A Manometric Study. Ponce, Julio; Garrigues, Vicente; Pertejo, Virginia; Sala, Teresa; Berenguer, Joaquin // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1988, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p1115
An endoscopic biliary manometry was performed on 11 patients with a surgical bilioenteric shunt--choledochoduodenostomy--and no pressure gradient between common bile duct and duodenum. Basal pressure and frequency of the phasic waves of the sphincter of Oddi were significantly higher in these...