CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPES: CURRENT PRACTICE IN THE UK
- Disinfection on demand. // British Dental Journal;3/11/2006, Vol. 200 Issue 5, p296
The article evaluates the Photo-Activated Disinfection system from Denfotex company and offers information about its features and cost.
- HIV and decontamination procedures. Cooke, E.M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/8/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6691, p72
Focuses on decontamination procedures of instruments and equipment with fatal diseases in Great Britain. Difficulties of ensuring correct concentration of disinfectant; Use of disinfectants against human immunodeficiency virus with heat labile equipment; Guidelines of decontamination methods...
- Caring cleansing. // British Dental Journal;10/25/2003, Vol. 195 Issue 8, p474
Presents information on Unoklenz, a hand-disinfectant manufactured by UnoDent. Properties of the disinfectant; Benefits of using this disinfectant; Shape and size in which the disinfectant is available.
- Legal fear eased over addict care. // Pulse;7/14/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p4
Focuses on the approval for general practitioners in Great Britain to provide sterilized equipment to drug addicts to reduce infection.
- New premises help equipment in Portsmouth become cleaner. Jarczyk, Richard // Equipment Services;Apr2008, p36
The article reports that the Portsmouth Community Equipment Services in England officially opened its disinfection unit and resource room on January 18, 2008. The unit, which took three years of planning and construction before it opened for business in 2007, expects to process around 12, 000...
- One-Minute Endoscopy Room Test for Helicobacter pylori: Interference with 2% Glutaraldehyde. Singh Chhina, Rajoo; Parti, Amitabh; Chawla, Livtar Singh // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1991, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p1095
Focuses on the effectiveness of glutaraldehyde in disinfecting fiberendoscopes and detecting Helicobacter pylori. Background on the use of rapid urease tests in the detection of the bacteria; Results of an analysis of antral biopsies for Helicobacter pylori; Effect of the use of glutaraldehyde...
- High-Level Disinfection of Gastrointestinal Endoscopes: Are Current Guidelines Adequate? Kovacs, Brent J.; Chen, Yang K.; Kettering, James D.; Aprecio, Raydolfo M.; Roy, Ira // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1999, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p1546
OBJECTIVE: For a germicide to obtain a high level disinfection (HLD) claim, FDA requires demonstration of a 6-log reduction of mycobacterial inoculum under worst case conditions. The purpose of this study was to assess the adequacy of current guidelines for high level disinfection of GI...
- Reprocessing: The Top 7 Considerations in Reusable Device Design. Jacques, Beth; McDonnell, Gerald // Medical Product Outsourcing;Apr2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p54
The article offers information on the factors for consideration in the design of reusable medical devices in the U.S. The author mentions that if medical devices will be resused, one should consider the safety of patients. Moreover, the other elements for consideration in the reuse of medical...
- Wipe it away. // British Dental Journal;10/25/2003, Vol. 195 Issue 8, p475
Presents information on Alkapharm Grande Wipes, a disinfectant for medical instruments developed by Alkapharm UK Ltd. Kind of surfaces that can be cleaned by these wipes within the dental surgical environment; List of microorganisms and viruses that these wipes can protect against; Size of this...